Well yesterday I bought a set of Zakk wylde signature ghs boomer guitar strings. Gauge is 11. And when I put the low E string on it won't fit through the hole. Does this mean I can't never put a 11 gauge on my guitar???
Yeah. GHS Boomers are kind of crap anyway. Use somthing like Dave Mustaines (SP?) progressives.
Gear

1972 U.S. Squire Strat
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall 120 Watt

Quote by sum_ugly_man

A trombone mouth piece, when I was 13, I was just curious ok?
Quote by Windwaker
no it just means that your nut slot isnt wide enough. If you really want to use those huge strings your going to need to file your nut a little bit to widen it. also, the 11 gauge is a high E string, not a low E.

oii. my bad lol. that will take some time but o'well. I like your rig.
Quote by life_777
Well yesterday I bought a set of Zakk wylde signature ghs boomer guitar strings. Gauge is 11. And when I put the low E string on it won't fit through the hole. Does this mean I can't never put a 11 gauge on my guitar???

did you mean wont fit thru the cut of the nut? or did you mean a different part.

if it's the cut, yes it can be filed, but you shouldnt just take a file to the cut, too large and you will get string rattle in any smaller gauge.

plus you need to make sure to file in an upward slant up to the board from the headstock side. or you will get first fret buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Im just going 2 get gauge 10 next time when I return these strings if possible. D'darrio any good?
same thing happend to me on my ibanez, wouldnt fit through the hole on the winder. boomers i think they go from 11-70 or something crazy.
Quote by life_777
Im just going 2 get gauge 10 next time when I return these strings if possible. D'darrio any good?

yeah i like D'adds and DRs. both fine. but 11's arent that big. i would have thought they would fit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011