this may sound retarded but... well actually i cant even think the name of it but the little switch thats by the volume knob and tone knobs, which way do you put it for rhythm and which way for treble for a fender strat?
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
to the bridge pickup you mean?

you move it downwards, in the direction of the bit where you plug your guitar into the amp
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
you move it down for treble?
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
It's a pickup switch. It cut and/or passes the signal from the pickups to the amp, depending on the setting.

There is no 'rhythm' or 'treble'; just put the selector in the position that sounds best for what you're playing.
Pickups closer to your guitar bridge create a more treble-ly sound based on the fact that at that point on the string there is less distance to travel for the vibration (what creates the sound) resulting with a much tighter and grainier sound. That, and many of the 'hotter' pickups are placed in the bridge position.
Usually I play my strat in the out of phase position between the neck and the middle. But with the lindy fralin blues specials and a blender pot the good tones are everywhere.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
You should just use what sound best for what you're playing (like mr_hankey said). You're a musician (well, at least I believe you play guitar), use some creativity.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.