Hello there.
I'm looking into buying a tube amp upgrade to my Vox AD50VT.
I like the Vox but the problem for me is it's troublesome relation with pedals, so hence the wish to upgrade.
The tone I'm looking for would be something in the range of Jack White's crunch sound (without muff), which he gets from his crancked vintage 6x10 things and Fender Twins. However, I don't want that much volume for I live in a small house and don't gig to regularly (do some here and there, but don't have a band atm).

I'll soon be visiting a guitar store near me and just wanted to ask if anyone got some advice on amps to test? I'm certainly trying the blues junior (for the Fendery crunch which I adore) and a Vox AC15 (heard some great things about them).

Also, do 10"speakers give the sound I'm looking for easier then 12" ones? I would think that they break up sooner and a little more 'punch' at lower volumes, could be wrong though.

thanks in advance
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild
Fender blues Jr. is a great choice.......i have the blues deluxe and it's awesome.....i actually saw someone play a good sized show in vegas with a mic'ed blues jr and it sounded awesome
Quote by sowhat360
Fender blues Jr. is a great choice.......i have the blues deluxe and it's awesome.....i actually saw someone play a good sized show in vegas with a mic'ed blues jr and it sounded awesome

At what volume level would the Blues Jr. start breaking up? I'm not a big fan of cleans, like a little bit of dirt. Maybe a booster would be a good idea? (A friend of mine builds some great ones :P)
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild