Hi,
I have a vintage Gibson 345 Stereo from the sixties.

The gold coat of the neck pickup is coming out as you can see in the picture.

What do you think I should do? Just let it as it is? Or would you do something about it?

Many thanks for your advises!

Cheers

Leave it. It happens all the time.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Get new/better pick-ups.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

gettin a new cover shouldnt be too challenging
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Please don't change it, a) I think it looks nice as it is and b) getting a new cover may decrease value if you plan on selling (dont quote me on that, im not absolutly sure)
Change the ENTIRE pickup if you do anything, so you can keep the original in a protective case and not damage it further. This way if you want to sell it or get it back to its original state you're not losing any value on the guitar.
Quote by Pott
Change the ENTIRE pickup if you do anything, so you can keep the original in a protective case and not damage it further. This way if you want to sell it or get it back to its original state you're not losing any value on the guitar.

This man speaks the truth.

If you really don't like the pickup, swap it, don't mod it.

On and by the way, since you are the Frenchman of Tone, Pott, does that mean you're smelly? I'm kind of confused.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks for your fast aswers!
Actually I'm not planning in replacing the pickup (it sounds terrific!).

Since it's a very valuable guitar, I was just wondering if I have to do something about the gold coat coming out, or just forget about it.

It looks like I shouldn't do anything special about it and let the coat come out by itself..