Hey guys.
I'm thinking of going the whole way and replacing my Valveking with all new Tubes and Speakers, I know which tubes I'm going to get (JJ's and Tungsol) but as for Speakers I'm a little unsure, I've heard Swamp Thangs are pretty good and also the Vintage 30, but I wanna' get a few opinions on other options first
I play a lot of Hardcore/Metalcore style music and riffs so that'll have to be taken into account.

So, lemme' hear em' ^^
If you're going Metalcore, I'd recommend V60 speakers, they're much like a V30 from what I remember but with better bass response.

V30s are always good too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you're going Metalcore, I'd recommend V60 speakers, they're much like a V30 from what I remember but with better bass response.

V30s are always good too.

I had a quick search but couldn't seem to find anything about those particular speakers, what's the general consensus on the Swamp Thangs?
I also heard another brand of Celestions were quite good, V12's or something...
Quote by mattyvsmithy
I had a quick search but couldn't seem to find anything about those particular speakers, what's the general consensus on the Swamp Thangs?
I also heard another brand of Celestions were quite good, V12's or something...

Do you mean the G12T-75? They're pretty cool, I'm pretty sure that's what they load in the Marshall 1960 cabinets. They sound almost like a Greenback.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Take a good look at some of the Eminence Legend models. They're well balanced and take to heavy distortion better than most, are terribly inexpensive, and come in several models to give you more options.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Sounds good to me, I'll take a look at those models.
And for the record, it was the G12's I was talking about, those look like what I'm after, so they're a consideration, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of how they sound?.
Last edited by mattyvsmithy at Mar 5, 2008,
Try some warehouse speakers. They are clones of Celestion speakers and I have heard they are just as good or better than V30s because the upper midrange spike is smoothed out a little. Only like $45 or 50 so I would at least try them.