Poll: Which guitar is better for a low tuning?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar is better for a low tuning?
PRS Santana SE w/ bareknuckle emerald+stormy monday
6 100%
Fender strat; Us highway one, stock pickups
0 0%
Voters: 6.
Hey

I own a PRS SE and i'm gonna get myself a fender strat. The idea is i'm gonna leave one guitar in standard tuning and have the other set up for DADGAD one whole tone down (so CGCFGC).

My question is, which guitar is gonna be more suitable for standard and which will cope with the lower tuning better. I know the obvious answer is "try them out" but im looking for some general opinions.

Thanks!
Technically the neck scale on the Fender is slightly longer and therefore should lend itself better toward offering more consistent tension and therefore should be better suited to drop tunings.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by say5ss2
go to the ESP or Dean guitars website

ESP and Dean are both primarily metal guitars are they not? This is more for blues/blues rock.
Why are you tuning so low for blues rock?

Anyways, Schecters in the price range as the SE are probably just as good or better than them. They are generally metal guitars but a few models without trems are really good at blues and classic rock.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Why are you tuning so low for blues rock?

Anyways, Schecters in the price range as the SE are probably just as good or better than them. They are generally metal guitars but a few models without trems are really good at blues and classic rock.

I prefer the sound of it 1 step down and i like to play in DADGAD, plus i love the sound of C minor . I already own the SE so thats kinda outta the question anyway. When i say blues, i dont really mean blues standards n stuff. I wana head in the direction of blues with a celticy kinda feel, hence the DADGAD tuning.

Also i have trouble singing in standard tuning, i find it more comfortable with a lower pitched acompaniment. However, every time i want to jam with sum1 i will have to tune back up, hence the second guitar.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Mar 5, 2008,