it is twisting towards the G string. ive searched the problem and was just wondering if i should try to adjust the truss rod or what.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
that might help. although if you dont know what youre doing it might make it worse. not saying that you dont...just saying... wow...sorry im tired
Reported for stupidity.

If you don't know how to adjust the truss rod, take it to a guitar shop and ask someone there for help.
Take it to a professional or a shop to try sort it out before it gets to late and it's knackered for good.

Quote by JMDavis07
Reported for stupidity.

If you don't know how to adjust the truss rod, take it to a guitar shop and ask someone there for help.

Any need in reporting him? There wasn't really a need to report him for it, he was asking a question that people could help him out on.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by JMDavis07
I wasn't reporting TS, I was reporting the first replier.

I'm sorry but that really didn't deserve reporting. He just said that if the TS didn't know what he was doing he could make the problem worse. That's exactly what you said in your post only you elaborated a tiny bit more by telling him to take it to a shop, so should I report you too?

TS, if you feel confident making the adjustments yourself, then have a go. If you don't, take it to a guitar shop/professional like was suggested (guess I should report myself too).
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at Mar 5, 2008,
Firstly, check that your strings are in a nice curved fashion in relation to the fretboard radius. M ine was messed up once and I thought it was warped. But no, it was just a sh*ttily done setup

If not, a warped neck is pretty much a dead neck. Anything that can be done is a short term solution.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by indie-bassist
I'm sorry but that really didn't deserve reporting. He just said that if the TS didn't know what he was doing he could make the problem worse. That's exactly what you said in your post only you elaborated a tiny bit more by telling him to take it to a shop, so should I report you too?

TS, if you feel confident making the adjustments yourself, then have a go. If you don't, take it to a guitar shop/professional like was suggested (guess I should report myself too).

Hell, go for it.

He was rambling and didn't really contribute whatsoever. Last I heard, that's considered spam.
Quote by JMDavis07
Hell, go for it.

He was rambling and didn't really contribute whatsoever. Last I heard, that's considered spam.

So what's your post then?

TS, delirium made a good point, check string heights and whatnot, also, truss rod adjustments generally forward and backward warping in the neck, not twisting. Unless you have a dual truss rod then, provided I'm getting the right idea from your description, I would definitely take it to a professional (I overlooked this part in my first post, sorry).
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
So what's your post then?

TS, delirium made a good point, check string heights and whatnot, also, truss rod adjustments generally forward and backward warping in the neck, not twisting. Unless you have a dual truss rod then, provided I'm getting the right idea from your description, I would definitely take it to a professional (I overlooked this part in my first post, sorry).

Haha, my first post wasn't rambling.

I'm finished.
Quote by chickrawker
that might help. although if you dont know what youre doing it might make it worse. not saying that you dont...just saying... wow...sorry im tired

warned for useless spam.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Causes of neck warp:-
* A bad truss rod adjustment
* Broken trussrod
* Changing from a heavy gauge to light gauge can affect the neck. (and visa versa)
* Weather conditions - humitity will change the wood and cause it to be more or less prone to warping.
* Poor long term maintenance.

After you try the quick fix of the truss adjustment make sure that you can eliminate these problems and it should extend the life of your neck.

Quote by UtBDan
warned for useless spam.

"Useless"?! Seriously. Cmon Dan, they was helping. What's spamful in it?! The fact that he/she warned the threadstarter of making a mistake maybe?

If I was a mod I would have warned JMD for basically reiterating what chickrawker said and then have the tenaticity to report. Good job im not a mod eh?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Thanks for all the help.

oh and if it helps i recently defreted it too.
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
Quote by zamok
Thanks for all the help.

oh and if it helps i recently defreted it too.

Did you laquer the fretboard by any chance?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
No. i did a search and found out that it isn't necessary to lacquer the fretboard
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
It isn't necessary, but highly recommended- I put on a light layer of resin spray on my fretboard as to not affect the radius or fretboard surface too much.

May I ask how you've been storing your bass? Has it been near a radiator or other heat source recently?
i have hanging stands in my room. i dont have a radiator or anything like that. its actually quite cold in my basement(my room) and since its still winter it can get pretty cold.
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
What did you fill the fret holes with? Did you re-radius the neck afterwards?
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

i filled the holes with wood filler. i have no clue on how to re radius the neck and couldnt find anything on it. when i sanded it i just used a piece of 200 grit and cupped my hand to the radius of the fretboard.
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
Quote by zamok
i filled the holes with wood filler. i have no clue on how to re radius the neck and couldnt find anything on it. when i sanded it i just used a piece of 200 grit and cupped my hand to the radius of the fretboard.

Well, generally, you would buy a radius block from a website such as Stewmac.com

Maybe try taking it to a shop and see what they thing?
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by MV4824
Hi, your going to want to google "Truss rod adjustments" or do a search in UG.

FenderGuy2112

Did you really just admit to having multiple accounts?

TS, how is the humidity where you're hanging it? If you move your bass to places with drastic changes in humidity, that could be part of the problem.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I doubt he would have a radius problem. Unless he sanded an incredible amount when defretting there wouldn't be any noticeable "warp". TS, if the neck is warped, it's ruined and if it's humid in your room then it very well could have warped.
my room isnt humid and i only sanded enough off so the woodfiller was smooth with the fretboard
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff