Are these any good? The one im looking at is a 1983 model. I want to upgrade from my AVT. If anybody has any experience with them and wouldnt mind sharing it would be great .

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
I had the 4104 model, 50w 2 speakers. It was insanely loud. But that tone is heaven!
what about the Orange Rocker 30 or the Traynor YCV Custom Blue? How do they compare to the JCM 800?
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
Last edited by H-D at Mar 5, 2008,
Never played a Traynor. A close friend has a Rocker 30 and I have about 10 hours on it.
Yes, the Rocker 30 is very nice. If you have the money go for it. I could easily have a Rocker 30, but I honestly believe, that my 2205 is just as good.
The reason I'm telling you to go for the Orange, eventhough I claim that the 2205 is just as good? Plan and simple, the Orange is new, under warrenty. Also not having to worry if the Marshall was modded or not, get the point?
I thought hijacking this thread slightly would be better than starting a new one....

With the split channel JCM 800's (head or combo) does anyone know if you can roll the guitar volume down and clean up the boost channel as you can on the single channel 800s? Or does the boost channel of the split channel ones always remain overdriven and only a channel switch cleans it up?

I'm trying to decide between a split channel or single channel...just trying to get as much info as possible. Cheers.
^you could do that better if you put the gain on about "6" and use an OD pedal then to get a clean tone just turn off the OD and roll back the guitar volume.