why isn't it all done the same? I mean theres beef, lamb, chicken and pork. Why isn't it all done on the same basis like calf, lamb, piglet and whatever a baby chicken is called. Or why not cow, sheep, chicken and pig.
Where the hell does the word pork come from it neither names the animal nor does it refer to the animal as a baby. Confused? i am
pork [ pawrk ]

noun

Definition:

1. hog meat: the flesh of a hog eaten as food, usually cooked fresh. Cured hog flesh is usually referred to as bacon or ham. ( often used before a noun )

Why???
I dunno
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
A baby chicken is called a chick...
I imagine it's because over the centuries Britain was invaded by so many different empires. When this happened they brought thier own language and it mingled with English and eventually they all mixed nto what you see as modern English.
I suppose that the meat of the animal is a specific part, so it has to be given a name. Otherwise, by "cow", you could also mean the hooves, horns, eyeballs ...
cause lamb is lamb meat, sheep meat is mutton
more then one kind of meat comes from a cow, but you only egt chicken from chicken
its pretty straightforward
Man, you must be as bored me to think about this stuff....
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by stephen_rettie
cause lamb is lamb meat, sheep meat is mutton
more then one kind of meat comes from a cow, but you only egt chicken from chicken
its pretty straightforward

what different meat comes from a cow?
Quote by GooseMcShred
Man, you must be as bored me to think about this stuff....

yeh i got an absess in my tooth so im off work for a week and im really hungry
Well venison comes from venatio (to hunt), so I guess that makes sense.

I guess most of these names come from old languages.
hue
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about something totally different.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
pork is short form for porcus which is latin for pig
=-)
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
Quote by Burningritual
what different meat comes from a cow?

its not necessarily a cow (i just read this) all bovines meat is considered beef
Quote by _Tim_
A baby chicken is called a chick...
I imagine it's because over the centuries Britain was invaded by so many different empires. When this happened they brought thier own language and it mingled with English and eventually they all mixed nto what you see as modern English.

Specifically the French.

Porc and Beuf are French words that were absolved into the English language during times of occupation.

and that's pretty much all I remember from 10th grade history.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA