haha you probably should have made sure before bidding. Anyways it's like you we will be able to ID it from the one crappy picture. You're just going to have to buy it. At least it's cheap...
Ah, I've seen one of those. I forgot what they were called...Fender was using it's Japanese factories to try to compete with Jackson, Charvel, and the like. If you PM CJRocker, he would probably have a lot more info; he's killer with 80's stuff; and I think this is 80's or 90's.
Well i would never get a guitar without playing it or seeing it, also if it comes damaged its a pain to sort out, maybe you should just leave it and go to a store?
A Fender Heavy Metal Strat.

I think it was the Kahler systems I, II & III trems on them.

In response to what Fender perceived as market demand (the proliferation in the '80s of heavy metal and glam-style bands), the company launched its heavy metal offering, the HM Series Stratocaster with a variant Stratocaster body and headstock shape, 24-frets, 12" fretboard radius, and a variety of pickup configurations that included American Standard single coils, DiMarzio humbuckers and Fender Lace Sensors.

They were made in 1989-1992
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You probably shouldn't have said "won" - I was like "Oh my God he won a guitar!" and then you said you had to pay for it, and I was confused, lol. Then I realized you meant the bidding. :P
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that appears to be a Talon model. Fender, in the late 80's either developed ot acquired the Hartfield line to compete with Charvel, Kramer, etc... I've owned several of these over the years. They have good tone and great playability. The only thing I didn't like was the Floyd "liscenced" trem. When you set it to float, the springs could be heard resonating through the amp. It was one of my most reliable gigging guitars, but definitely block the trem. Also, string bends with that trem were an adventure to say the least. I hope that helps. It's a lower end model, I'd guestimate the value at roughly $250-$300
BC
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/hm.htm

Look at the photo with the 4 guitars at the bottom.
Enlarge it.

It's quite clearly in the '92 catalogue thats showing both headstock types.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do