ive had a lot of trouble with this. im mostly self taught because every teacher ive had has been into funk and jazz and has taught me nothing but bar chords. So ive been teaching myself metal and shred. And ive realized that my technique isnt all that great and ive run out of scales and exercises to practice so i need to get a teacher. Im looking for someone who is more along the lines of Shred/Classical/Metal. how do i find someone like that. I know funk is a good style of music but i dont like it. ive actually tried to get into it but ive been bored to sleep. what questions do i ask and stuff?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Just tell the teacher what you would like to learn, but learning other styles increases your playing ability dramiticaly as you get to see music from a new perspective.
Quote by Jack_hertz92
Just tell the teacher what you would like to learn, but learning other styles increases your playing ability dramiticaly as you get to see music from a new perspective.

^^totally.
and iv been playin for 3 years without lessons and if i find im short on scales or whatever then i use the net. is definitely good to allow other styles of music to influence you tho.