Alright, I didn't know where to put this..but if it's wrong, could a mod move it?

I've been considering a used wah pedal (weeping demon, or crybaby). But then, after my most recent recording...it got me thinking that I should just upgrade that instead.

Wah: $50-80 depending on if I bid or buy-it-now

recording stuff:
$40 for a mixer, $40 for a mic, $13 for a cable?

I really don't know what I should do...

Wah pros
--better for live playing, practicing, and for use in **** recordings
Wah cons--i've never used one, cannot afford a power supply yet, could color my tone badly
recording stuff pros--better recordings of my songs, may help my band record, may be cheaper used
recording stuff cons--could be a waste of money if I have no inspiration or time, could be worse quality than right now, may need to buy more equipment to sound better

Input is greatly appreciated
Last edited by dudey5691 at Mar 5, 2008,
Well, wahs are awesome, and definitely make playing a lot more fun. I'd go for the wah. You can always get some recording equipment later.

For the wah, get a crybaby. Absolutely awesome wahs.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Before buying a Wah, try a few models out. I've never heard what the weeping demon sounds like, but I have a Crybaby and I don't like it much. I vastly prefer my Vox Clyde McCoy. As for recording stuff... what sort of recording are you trying to do? If you're trying to record takes of different stuff, then mix it together, you might consider a computer interface. You'll need something to record on, so a mixer, mic, and cable will only get you part of the way there.

Personally, I'd recommend saving up your money if you're looking at recording gear, so you can get something that will input to your computer. For the wah, definitely play a few before buying one, and I wouldn't recommend getting it used off of eBay. Craigslist would probably be a better bet, since you can usually try the item out before you buy it from someone, if you're meeting in person.
1996 Strat Plus (modded)
Peavey Classic 50
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Vox Clyde McCoy wah
Maxon AD-999 delay
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Well, wahs are awesome, and definitely make playing a lot more fun. I'd go for the wah. You can always get some recording equipment later.

For the wah, get a crybaby. Absolutely awesome wahs.

I have been leaning towards the wah, it seems like it would be the better buy in some aspects, but I just wanted some input.

The 535Q like yours is a tad out of my budget, even used Looks nice, though.

I was reading about the WD7, and that seems like a pretty solid buy.
Quote by CtrlBurn
Before buying a Wah, try a few models out. I've never heard what the weeping demon sounds like, but I have a Crybaby and I don't like it much. I vastly prefer my Vox Clyde McCoy. As for recording stuff... what sort of recording are you trying to do? If you're trying to record takes of different stuff, then mix it together, you might consider a computer interface. You'll need something to record on, so a mixer, mic, and cable will only get you part of the way there.

Personally, I'd recommend saving up your money if you're looking at recording gear, so you can get something that will input to your computer. For the wah, definitely play a few before buying one, and I wouldn't recommend getting it used off of eBay. Craigslist would probably be a better bet, since you can usually try the item out before you buy it from someone, if you're meeting in person.

I've heard the Crybaby, and it seemed good...but lacked versatility, especially the models within my price range. And from what I've read and watched on YouTube, the Weeping Demon can handle cleans as well as high-gain...which is really as versatile as I need...but the issue of tone color is the problem.

Can the Vox handle high gain?

I've looked into recording interfaces, but if I buy one of those, I'll still need a mic because line-in recordings are too digitalized and static-ey for me nowadays. I was just thinking a Behringer Mixer, Digital-Direct(I think) dynamic instrument mic, and XLR cables for connection to the mixer.
I have the Vox V847A Wah, a lower priced model than the Clyde, it doesn't handle high gain very well. Its awesome for classic rock, blues and clean tones though, I like it much more than the cry-babies I tried.

I would go with recording equipment. I wanted a wah for a long time and now that I have one I rarely use it. I do however love recording, I really like just throwing down a rhythm track and then improving over it. Its quite a bit of fun and in my opinion more useful.
Last edited by thefrigginbob at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by thefrigginbob
I have the Vox V847A Wah, a lower priced model than the Clyde, it doesn't handle high gain very well. Its awesome for classic rock, blues and clean tones though, I like it much more than the cry-babies I tried.

I would go with recording equipment. I wanted a wah for a long time and now that I have one I rarely use it. I do however love recording, I really like just throwing down a rhythm track and then improving over it. Its quite a bit of fun and in my opinion more useful.

That's what I have heard about it, and you see...i play high gain stuff as well as cleans and lightly overdriven.

I can record things right now, but as you can probably tell from the latest three songs is that the quality is not the greatest. I considered the recording equipment for better recordings not really better improv tracks...

I think I'm just going to go with the Weeping Demon
I can always sell it if I change my mind...

Thanks for the help!