nothing confuses me more then barre chords
so barre with me
haha im so dumb

anyways

okay so tell me if i got this right.

To bar and "A" Chord, you would do the A shape, then hold down the 6 strings a fret before it, then by sliding that up and down the fret board makes different barre chords for the A family?

im so confused. im sorry
a barred A major is 5, 7, 7, 6, 5, 5 starting on the low E
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
No, if u move up and down the frets you will get different chords. e.g. if u have the A major barre chord

e|-5-|
B|-5-|
G|-6-|
D|-7-|
A|-7-|
E|-5-|

and shift it up 3 frets, you wont have any A chord it will now be C major the root note is now C). theres prob some good lessons on UG and try cyberfret.com for more info.
learn the majors, minors, power chords and 7ths. they're probably the most common, but it depends what you play
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
By sliding that up and down the neck you are going to be changing key. Not staying on A. If you go up to 7th fret you would have a B, up to 8th a C etc.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
thanks guys, im going to go check out the chords now. hey spydr i have a question. Im getting the yamaha pacifica 012
how is that guitar?
is there a website that shows the diagram of the basic bar chords?
i cant find one anywhere
Play an open E-Major chord.. see the nut? Place your finger where the nut would be as you slide down the neck.

..I SPEAK TEH TRUTH!!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ