I have a Walden G570 guitar that plays pretty well, but my problem is that while I LOVE the grand auditorium shape, it doesn't sound quite as good as my cheaper Washburn dreadnought. I didn't know if it was just the low-end guitars I have, so I went to a music store and played some dreadnoughts, then some grand auditoriums. In the end, the grand auditorium is much more comfortable to play, but the dreadnoughts have a much fuller sound, whether it was Walden or Morgan Monroe, Fender or Gibson. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good grand auditorium style guitar that has a good, full sound? Maybe I just didn't play the right ones. The Walden I have sounds good, it just doesn't make the good, thick rhythm acoustic tone that my much cheaper dreadnought Washburn makes. It's a little on the bright side...too much treble, unbalanced sounding. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm stuck between sound and comfort. Sound is most important, of course, and if it came down to it, I'd stick with a dreadnought, but it would be really nice to have a thick sounding grand auditorium...
Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Matt
I got the same problem as you, right now I have an GA, but I dont really like the sound, but Im dont like to play DN, not at all, so Im dont know what to do really =/

Ill follow this discuission =)
Grandstrand, since you already have the GA and like the feel, but not the tone, have you expirimented much with changing out the strings? Gages, core, and coatings all change the resonance and tone.

I play a folk body, but I noticed a difference when I changed strings, the stock ones had too much treble and the bass didn't resonate. After I purchased some decent strings for it, the tone was more balanced.