I have been seeing a lot of Gibson Baldwin SG Signature Series on Ebay recently, has anyone ever owned/played one, and are they any good??
I wouldnt get one. My first guitar was a Gibson-Baldwin LP-style guitar, and its horrible. The neck is ok, i like the shape of it. But the truss rod keeps rattling, the tuners are awful, and the pickups are quite subpar. And if thats anything to go one, i would stay away from em. If you want a cheap SG, Maybe look at Epi's SG Special or G-310.
Used to sell them where I used to work. There is no quality control on those. I saw one that looked like someone took a power saw and took a cut in the back of the neck, and even though it was a giant cut in the back of the neck, they still sent it through.
i also owned a lp style one and let's just say it was heavy as lead and it wasn't that good
just get an epi g400
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
G400 Definitely, or an Epi Lp standard (plain top version sounds exactly the same compared to the plus-top version)[rant] The G-310= It won't last you very long, and the electronics aren't very good. Not to mention you can't reach anything past the 18th fret, it's not possible, the cutouts aren't deep enough. [/rant]
By the way, Plywood guitars won't A) sound good or B) be of good quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 5, 2008,
wait, baldwin has their name on guitars now? they make pianos for christ sake.
although i love their pianos
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
oh no... stay as far away as you can from any guitar that has gibson and baldwin together in its name