Yeah, my friend just got a bass and he's really excited about it. And I was looking for some kickass bass parts that are kinda easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by iceman95
Yeah, my friend just got a bass and he's really excited about it. And I was looking for some kickass bass parts that are kinda easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hysteria by muse or yyz by rush. xD
Quote by red_hot_chili18

DEAR GOD! Don't give him ideas... YYZ is still kicking my ass after months of playing it.
smoke on the water XD
iron man
paranoid
gay bar...........yeah.........
Quote by cornmancer
In hell they make you play Mario Kart for all eternity. Every race you almost win, but then get triple blue shelled 5 feet from the finish line and get forced to watch everyone pass you.

XBL: FOOmike25

It's Your Fudging Nightmare
Quote by red_hot_chili18

Stop being a prick.

Reported.
Well, it would really help if you told us what kind of music your friend likes.

But, just to be productive, some suggestions:

RHCP - Otherside. Really ridiculously easy to play, just gotta play it well, dig? That will be GREAT for getting him to appreciate countermelody that bass can pull.

Audioslave - Cochise. If he's totally new, this one might be a little tricky, but he'll get it down. Great practice on hammer-ons and decent speed practice, also great for giving him an appreciation for THE RIFF. Because, it's one of the coolest riffs ever.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit. Yeah, I said it, wanna fight about it? Good for basic rhythm pattern, and playing it STILL makes my grip muscles burn. So, good for that. The bassline here also strikes a nice balance between guitar-backing at the chorus and being the meat of the verse.

Ozzy - Crazy Train. Lets him appreciate the low end. Also, that verse riff is fantastic beginner practice. Get down the double-strum and the pedaling technique. The bass line for the guitar solo might be a little tricky at first, but practice will get you to appreciate scale walk-downs.

Hope that's good for now... your friend should have fun.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Bury me by Smashing Pumpkins

ok, its not kickass, but it sounds pretty cool, and is dead easy
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Lots of Pink Floyd is good for learning time keeping while not being boring.

Start him on things like "Corporal Clegg", "In The Flesh", or "Young Lust". "Run Like Hell" if he wants to try Drop D, or really can't keep time. Maybe "Let There Be More Light" if he likes the opening. "Money" is a great song to learn when he wants to make the leap from newb to beginner/intermediate beginner. "Time" is good for moving around the strings, while "On The Run" will... well, it'll at least help with endurance, if nothing else.

Outside of Floyd...
"Uno" and "Stockholm Syndrome" from Muse have easy bass lines ("Uno" has more string movement)

Steely Dan's "Do It Again" is pretty simple.
Less Than Jake have some nice bass lines in their earlier stuff, Dopeman is quite cool and not that difficult
Quote by carnagereap666
Phantom patriots-Les claypool

not an easy bassline bud
^ Yea, really. It's a simple riff, but Les Slaps the sheeeoowwt out of that thing. No beginner can pull that off dude.
Quote by carnagereap666
On guitar its easy so I assume same for bass.

How familiar are you with Les Claypool's abilities?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
How familiar are you with Les Claypool's abilities?

Obviously not very. He's a guitarist and Les is a BASS PLAYER.

I don't see why carnagereap666 you felt the need to necropost here.