Ok guys my style is a metal to rock style such as Dethklok to ACDC. I want a good Tube Amplifier that sounds like metal and great tone no static. I have a Marshall MG 30 DFX and its a terrible amp. Is that because of the watts? My budget is 700. remember i want a metla sound to it no blues or classic.
get a few effects pedals before you go running for a new amp. I have the MG30DFX with a crybaby and boss DS-1 distortion pedal and it sounds amazing. If you play on a 30 watt now and want an all tube amp, then your gonna be looking at spending a lot of money.
Bugera! like a peavey 5150/6505 but cheaper!
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
get a few effects pedals before you go running for a new amp. I have the MG30DFX with a crybaby and boss DS-1 distortion pedal and it sounds amazing. If you play on a 30 watt now and want an all tube amp, then your gonna be looking at spending a lot of money.

No. He shouldnt spend money on pedals but save up for a new amp.
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89
Any other suggestions? what about randell or Marshall?

The Randall RG50TC id pretty good I've heard.
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89
what about the Marshall mG 100 half stack?
Imagine your "terrible amp", only louder.
Roland cubes are good for metal, You can replicate the exact AcDc sound from them to.
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89

i tried one...its terrible.really terrible
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I say a Peavey 5150 Combo.

(I think its 5150, god them numbers confuse me)

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

mg's are terrible...get a peavey.
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
yeah

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Peavey-Windsor-Studio-20W-1x12-All-Tube-Combo-Amp-481660-i1386608.gc

i guess you can get pedals if you want a dethlok type tone, but these amps would be really good for classic rock ex. what you said, AC/DC
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Don't go based on ratings.

Peavey makes some good amps. I like my Vox. It's only a tube preamp but it gets pretty close to the sound and responsiveness of an all-tube amp. It's a modeling amp but the modeling doesn't sound anywhere near as cheap as Spider's Line 6 series. It's a very versatile amp. And LOUD.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Quote by atreyurock9
Don't go based on ratings.

Peavey makes some good amps. I like my Vox. It's only a tube preamp but it gets pretty close to the sound and responsiveness of an all-tube amp. It's a modeling amp but the modeling doesn't sound anywhere near as cheap as Spider's Line 6 series. It's a very versatile amp. And LOUD.

what model is it?
Vox AD50VT-212.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Laney make some awesome tube amps

Sound City are amazing too

you can pick up an all valve sound city for £400.
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89
im saving up for a stacker not a combo amp whats a good stacker amp?

Why bother getting a half stack? Combos are generally far better value for money, and play just as well as the seperate cab and head counterparts. Honestly, don't ignore combos just because a half stack looks cool.

The mentality of half stack>combo is the primary reason thing like the MG 100W half stack sell. They are pretty poor amps. But people with no idea of what makes a good amp go 'half stack lulz' and get it.

You will be looking for a high gain tube combo. As said before, the Peavy 5150 is an excellent amp for this, and to mine and my guitarists ears, sounds excellent.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Try out the Peavey ValveKing 212, I love mine, you can get a nice wide range of tones out of it. It's also 100W so you don't have to bother with that awful Marshall half-stack.
alright ill look into that thanks. The reason why I thought of a half stack is because I thought the 4 speakers would give better sound quality.
a cheap half stack would just have 4 cheap speakers in it. Go for a combo Peavey 5150. People who play with stacks are just compensating for their small wangs. (I have a Crate full stack ) Worst mistake of my life.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
You don't need a half stack. Half stacks are for people who need it LOUD, and i really do mean LOUD!. An all-tube combo is still going to be loud as hell. My Mesa can easily cause hearing damage if I were to turn it all the way up and it has two speakers in it.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

vox valvetronix is great for the price

i own one and it is a really solid amp for guitar players of different levels
hmm sounds like alot of people love the Peavey 5150. What's better? Peavey 5150 or Peavy 212 Valve King
It's all personal preference, I prefer the VK but you'll have to try both out to see what suits you. I haven't heard much on the 5150 TBH, but as for the VK, most people either love it or hate it. It suits all my needs very well and I've had no problems.
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89

dear god no.......

i am a fellow MG owner, its not good and you defintly DO NOT want the halfstack

probably a peavey 5150/6505 would be good, dunno about it being able to do an ac/dc type sound though...
Top lel.
yeah, 5150/6505 are super hi-gain, meant for lotsa distortion, EVH style. Metalcore and thrash metal bands use them a lot too. for that ac/dc tone, I'd say the peavey windsor studio. $400 US, all tube, 20w rms, about 50w peak, 1 12 inch speaker, and marshally sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
1. you don't need a stack.
2. Tube amps are louder than solid states, a 30 watt tube amp will work for gigging.

As for what amp I would say try the peavey 5150, B-52 AT-212, and a crate V-series.
behringer GMX212...loud as crap (120w)...99 built in settings...foot switch for changing...built like a tank...there also really cheap
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss