I've arranged to sell my Epiphone LP Standard (a little over a year old) to someone for $275. I also sold my old amps for a total of $105. Now, I plan on buying either a MIM Telecaster or a MIM Strat. I've got a few questions:

1) What would be better for punk music (think early Against Me, Latterman, Screeching Weasel, the Queers, etc), a Tele or a Strat?

2) Is this all a good idea? My LP has always been a little too deep for me, so I'm thinking something with single coils will be better, but I dunno.

3) Will I be able to talk the guys at guitar center into giving me a tele or strat for around $380?

Also, I play through a Palomino V16 tube amp.

Thanks for any help!
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
A Mosrite would be better for punk.

It's really all preference though, I'd go with the Stratocaster.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
1)Tele, it has a better lead tone, strats are very smooth. Teles are sharper.

2)Not sure, I would try to get more out of the Les Paul, maybe like $300. You could always get an SG G-400, that's a bit less 'deep' than a Les Paul.

3)Yes
I would have put my LP up for $300, but there was someone in the same city selling his, which was only 2 months old, for that price, so I had to compete a little.

I've owned two guitars so far, and they've both been Epiphone, so I'd like to expand and try some others.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.