Hey everyone,

So I haven't been practicing a whole lot and my birthday is coming up in like two months so i thought I'd learn some punk songs since everyone's gonna ask me to play something. I've been learning some songs from Sum 41's latest album Underclass Hero ( which i really like) but the songs on there are way intense on the hella quick muted strumming (Count Your Last Blessings is the example that springs to mind) which I'm practicing way hard but it's gonna take me some time.

So basically can you guys suggest some punk songs that ain't too hard and are fun to play ?
The Ramones, Misfits, Sex Pistols (except a few solos), Alkaline Trio, Against Me, etc. are all very easy to play.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
The Clash is fun.

Oh, and Avril Lavigne is easy if you want to call her punk (I wouldn't).
All of them.
I have yet to find a challenging punk song. Although, some more technical modern punk acts can put out some harder stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
There's no such thing as 'hard' punk. That's called heavy metal my friend.

Easy punk/pop punk: Green Day, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Black Flag, Misfits...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
THE ADICTS!
And
THE UNDERTONES!
And
THE BUZZCOCKS (though Boredom is ridiculously hard )
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Pop-Punk = Nothing but power chords.

Although so does most Punk. But there's an occasional solo in some nice punkkkk songs
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Time Bomb by Rancid is pretty easy as well.
As far as the Ramones go you have to remember that, to play it properly, you have to do 90% of their stuff with only down picking. So limber up those wrist and arm muscles.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
astro zombies by the misfits is just sheer awesomeness in powerchords.
I think you should do Pop-Punk songs, they're aren't so difficult. And like someone said, it's 90% just power-chords for the majority of the songs. I don't know how good you are at guitar, but here are a few :

Blink 182 - All The Small Things
Green Day - When I Come Around
Sum 41 - Hell Song (You could skip the solo part if you can't play it, just need to play the chorus. But this song would be my choice)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (I know it's not Pop-Punk! But it's an easy one)

But hey ! You play what you want to play !
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Wait a minute, punks hard to play?

don't be mean :p
everyone's at different levels. punk ain't exactly technically demanding but you know he's not talking about PUNK punk so much as it's modern, slightly more technical child.
Quote by kthxbi
don't be mean :p
everyone's at different levels. punk ain't exactly technically demanding but you know he's not talking about PUNK punk so much as it's modern, slightly more technical child.

Not tryin to be mean, I use to be in a punk band. I just grew out of it.

Just dident seem to hard to play it.

Quote by strings-N-stuff
Not tryin to be mean, I use to be in a punk band. I just grew out of it.

Just dident seem to hard to play it.

fair enough.
sex pistols - anarchy in the u.k.
and harder stuff.. superjoint ritual - the alcoholic (not punk, but some kind of hardcore)
One word. Gallows.

If you've not heard of them, myspace them. They are the next big UK punk band. They have some simple yet different riffs that you might like to try. Some of the solos may melt a beginners face but are ok to pick uo after a year or so.

I'd Recommend learning the rhythm parts to In The Belly of a Shark and Come Friendly Bombs.
Mxpx!!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
if you want slower ones someone else said anarchy in the UK

most punk is either fast down-picking or fast palm muting.

go for basketcase by green day for an easy song
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
There's no such thing as 'hard' punk. That's called heavy metal my friend.

Easy punk/pop punk: Green Day, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Black Flag, Misfits...

This goes to all you guys who think all punk is easy......

Listen to Strung Outs lastest CD Blackhawks Over Los Angelos and then tell me there's no such thing as hard punk. Propagandhi is pretty difficult aswell Chris Hannah can play some pretty good solos and the timing is pretty tricky on most of there songs. Listen to the solos in Purina Hall of Fame or Iteration by Propagandhi, Lagwagon has some pretty sick solos aswell. Baggage, Lullaby, Burn, Coffee and Cigarettes all have great solos by Lagawagon.
The intro to Underclass hero is always fun....try some MxPx...blink182s always easy, theres an infiniate ammount of punk songs out there to play
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.