Hey,
I was just wondering what is the best way to turn an amp for tuning the EQ.
I noticed that I like the sound best when I turn the amp away from me, but do you think I should tune it facing me, because this is how an audience will hear it, or should I do something else?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Remember that it's the audience's opinion that matters.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
If its not being miced up, remember to dose with a heavy sprinkle of Presence.

Kneel in front of the speaker, adjust it there. Face the amp towards the crowd. And if you're micing it up, dont bother adjusting the Mixers EQ for that channel. If it sounds good coming from the amp, it'll sound good thru a PA. Unless you have sh.it equipment.

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Since you don't have ears on your knees (I hope), you should aim the speaker at your face when you're EQ'ing it. That's the way the audience will hear it.
Treble tends to be more directional than bass frequencies, so if you face your amp away from you, you'll hear less treble than is actually being put out by your speaker.
not fully facing your face, it actually sounds different if u keep your ears above or below the speakers. if u are playing on a stage, then the audience will be mostly below your speakers and the PA system. so keep your head, like, right above the speakers, then adjust the eq.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses