Ugly, overpriced and probably isn't that great. Don't buy signature models unless you've really got money to burn.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Thats REALLY hideous.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
the only things I really like are the design on the heasdstock, the thing that looks like a short sword or something, and the shape, the paint can stay in the can...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
if you love it buy it. Its just a '79 ml whit a special paint.

and '79 are awsome :P BUY IT ( well whats the price?)
Hmm, id probably go for the Black Gold ML if you were looking for something Trivium without the paying the extra.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
The pick-up selector is in a really awful spot. There is way too much reference to the band on the guitar, and it doesn't have a tone knob. EPIC FAIL!
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
I love it, but Corey was talking about how heavy it was. Don't know if he was being sarcastic though.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
The pick-up selector is in a really awful spot. There is way too much reference to the band on the guitar, and it doesn't have a tone knob. EPIC FAIL!

Too many references? C'mon, there are two.

I personally think the pick up selector is in a perfect spot *shrug*
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
I didn't use to like it, but it's growing on me.
I already have one signature MKH guitar anyway, and it's not a production guitar
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Don't buy it. Bad trem, overpriced, looks ugly, you'll hate Trivium in a year.

+ there are better deans for the price.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Why is it only a licensed floyd?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
^ dunno, dean seem to have a fetish for putting LFR's on their high end guitars.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
ive played one, had it for a day on loan from dean and its ****, it really makes you think when your on stage with it and it doesnt do anythign but the cheers i got on stage was when i changed the guitar for my les pauls, mate i would suggest against it unless you really wanna be like MKH and evene then i dont think you wanna grow up to be a Wa*ker like him
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I love it

Ebony fretboard
Deep cutaway neck
24 frets <3
Finish is nice and there are new ones being introduced i've heard
The trem isn't that bad
Price: $1099 on gearhounds

Not bad!
Quote by Ichimaru
Ugly, overpriced and probably isn't that great. Don't buy signature models unless you've really got money to burn.

And it's Matt Heafy's, which makes it teh suxorz by default.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
And it's Matt Heafy's, which makes it teh suxorz by default.

yeah i agree
trivium=chuging fat string plus HHRRRUGHHZzRRUUUUOOAAAAARRRRRR for vocals...why would you want to associate your self with that? what is musical about that? btw dont buy sigs, everyone's right, they are regular guitars with someone elses name slapped on them...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by VivaLaJam
I love it

Ebony fretboard
Deep cutaway neck
24 frets <3
The trem isn't that bad

Not bad!

You say that like it's something special.

If you'd like, I could give you at least 5 links with those exact specs and a lower price.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You say that like it's something special.

If you'd like, I could give you at least 5 links with those exact specs and a lower price.

Listen to this guy.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
i actually have a MKH and its not heavy, pickup selector is in a good spot and its an original floyd not a licenced one.
markbass little mark II
markbass 610hf cab
spector rexx bass 5 string
tech 21 sansamp pedal
= GOOD SOUNDS!!
I'm going to be honest, I think it's an awfully tacky paintjob, especially considering what your paying for.

But end of the day no one can tell you what you like or don't like, just remember that if you stop liking the band then your gonna start to dislike things about the guitar.
Quote by VivaLaJam
I love it

Ebony fretboard
Deep cutaway neck
24 frets <3
The trem isn't that bad

Not bad!

lets compare it to say the hellraiser FR

Deep cutaway neck? hellraiser has a deeper cutaway
Original floyd compared to the dean licensed one,
And it actually has a tone knob.

and its... cheaper... alot cheaper.

you pay 300 or so extra to downgrade to a licensed floyd and lose a tone knob.
If you like it, go for it. High-end Deans are VERY nice guitars... the other player in my cover band recently bought a USA Dean (Time Capsule, I think) V which has replaced his Les Paul.

My only complaint about the signature one posted is that the rising sun graphic was beaten to death in the 80's. If you're gonna get a guitar with a graphic design, think up something new, will ya?

Quote by aussie_basser
i actually have a MKH and its not heavy, pickup selector is in a good spot and its an original floyd not a licenced one.

why do people keep bumping old threads so much lately?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
why do people keep bumping old threads so much lately?

whenever we start new threads people go "use the search bar you idiot, your reported" ?
I would actually like the guitar and maybe even buy it if it didnt have that ugly finish, Trivium references (seriously, on the headstock and the fingerboard?? i think a signature is already too much), and if it wasnt matt heafy's. Its funny how Dean puts out guitars above the $1000 range yet they still have lackluster LFR's. and arent they made in China? terrible
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
To be honest, I like it, but I wouldn't buy it.

Me too. I just can't do sig guitars. I bought an ML 79 silverburst and had Black Gold cover'd pickups put in it. Should be here today.

Quote by steel337
arent they made in China? terrible

The cheaper ones are, but the korean models are great (i have 3) and the american ones are outstanding. I will have an american soltero in the next couple of years.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 8, 2008,
Who cares what people say! buy it! it looks good! and itl sound good as its a dean! but if not it still looks good!
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
There is way too much reference to the band on the guitar

Too much reference? Have you ever seen the Schecter Synyster Standard/Custom? I think every square inch of that thing is covered in A7X stuff. I love the pinstripes on the Syn Custom, but hate all the band references on it.

In regards to getting a signature model....just give yourself anywhere from 3 weeks to a month to really just think it through. Most people wanna deny this, but half of wanting a signature model is having the guitarist's name on it. I've been through that a few times, so I know =P. Some signature's are really good guitars for the price, but that's a really rare find. Most signature guitars are not nearly worth their cost. Most are exactly the same as any other guitar the company sells, with a different paint-job and a $200 difference. Just look through the other Dean guitars and make sure that there isn't the exact same guitar just with a different paint-job =P
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
the only reason the rising sun graphic is there is because he is Asian and he is paying tribute to his heritage. its pretty common sense. and only matts guitar is very heavy. he said that they put lead weights in it just for him.
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.