I've just found one of these for £425, what are they like? For anything between blues and nearly metal? Compared to a Tiny Terror, what one would be best? Cheers.
Real men don't need sigs.
lulz metal

laney thread perchance?

theyre epic for cleans, light OD, mid OD, and blues in general.

TT isnt a metal amp either, i havent played it, but i'd say its prolly not as smooth. you dont get the controls either
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Ha and actually talk about a laney (that isnt the VC series) on the laney thread?!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
is that the one in matchetts? assuming it is, i preferred the one with the celestions, but if you don't have a problem with 10" speakers (i don't either, just i think it suits celestions better than jensens) that's a very good price for it.

it should do anything up to classic/hard rock on its own.

Not too sure what you mean by "nearly metal", but i wouldn't want it if I only played metal- though if you play a wide range of stuff, it should do most stuff except metal.

try it, i guess. it's a nice amp, just a bit dear at the RRP (and this one is quite a bit lower than that).

I'd prefer that laney to the TT i tried, though obviously personal preference and all that. the laney's a bit smoother and more sophisticated-sounding, for want of a better description. some people like raw, though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's class A. OMGWTFBBQ!

It's actually one of the (very) few single ended amps with multiple power tubes being made today.
^ yeah, it's parallel single-ended or some such guff. instead of push-pull.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?