Ok, so I always assumed that my Gorilla Amp was a 15W. It it the size of a 15W, and is slightly (maybe) louder than my Peavey 15W.
The other day my dad (learning about electronics) asked my how many watts it was. I said 15. He didnt believe me, so i showed him the back and it said 50 Watts. So is my amp 15 or 50, cause it doesnt sound like a 50
Hello
the "50" watt one might be solid state and the peavey might be tube. that would explain why they sound near the same volume
why do you need to know? anyway if its a small practice amp its probably not a 50w.

Wattage doesnt mean **** tho.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
im pretty sure its 15 watt cuz thats what my small amp says as well its 15 saying that its 45 so im guessing urs is 15 as well, but really that shouldnt matter because all u really need for an amp is the right mixture of tones and loudness...
Do u have a metal spine?
What model is it? just from that little information I'd say its a 15 watt amp. Post some photos as well to be sure .
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The 50 on the back means it's pulling 50 watts from your wall, but it's only going to put out 15.

Tube/SS dosn't matter. It says "300 watts" on the back of my 100 watt all-tube Twin Reverb.
Small practice amps, infact all amps, pretty much have two watt ratings on them, one is the wattage there pulling from the power source, so I guess the other one is the power there giving back out.
Last edited by GenderConfusedJ at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The 50 on the back means it's pulling 50 watts from your wall, but it's only going to put out 15.

Tube/SS dosn't matter. It says "300 watts" on the back of my 100 watt all-tube Twin Reverb.

Thats what i was thinking. And to those who said i dont need to know, i was just wondering becuase i told my friend that 15W would be lound enough to practice with, and play with us. Thanks
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
Thats what i was thinking. And to those who said i dont need to know, i was just wondering becuase i told my friend that 15W would be lound enough to practice with, and play with us. Thanks

15 SS watts is fine for you and him to jam, but you're a bit ****ed if you plan on playing with drums and bass.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
15 SS watts is fine for you and him to jam, but you're a bit ****ed if you plan on playing with drums and bass.

Correction:

Your ****ed if you plan on playing with drums and bass and you want to sound good.

If you angle your amp up or put it on a chair or something, you will be heard fine. But your tone will suck.
Quote by thedonutman
Correction:

Your ****ed if you plan on playing with drums and bass and you want to sound good.

If you angle your amp up or put it on a chair or something, you will be heard fine. But your tone will suck.

You might be heard fine by yourself if you stick the amp in your ear...just depands on the band setup.