ok, so ive had this acoustic guitar for about 6 months, and have only gotten around to seriously starting to play it th past few weeks. I know im probably gonna get flamed for this, but im learning the song "Darkness" by disturbed......ive gotten most of the song and am working on the hard part(to me). I recently went to the guitar store down the road, and was talking to the owner and basically informed me that i needed to start playing right handed because im a lefty.......well, being the rebelious person that i am, i didnt take his advice and have been learning to play a right handed guitar left handed......do you think i shouldve taken the advice? lol
just do what you feel is right and go for it.
mr. suicide played like that and see where he ended up
lol, yes i am playing it upside down.......i can actually kind of do it though...i mean, i can play the intro, and when i get that down to as good as i want, im gonna move on to the chorus. I played the intro to my brother(metal head) and he knew what i was playing no problem. Needless to say, i was pretty happy
awkward... i think it should just be re stringed to be... not upside down.
my guitar was a lefty, and i had to restring it (because my friend gave it to me with 3 very out of tune and old, crap strings)
the thing is, its comfortable to me. but i can see where everyone is coming from. i mean, it is definately difficult for me to use tabs. usually i have to re write them the way i play my guitar. Also, right now, i am very happy cause i finally finished the intro to darkness(been practicing since 2 in the afternoon), now for the chorus
I think progressing further could prove to be really difficult. Why not just re-string and learn to play lefty normally?
Quote by Silver_PHo3nix
just do what you feel is right and go for it.
mr. suicide played like that and see where he ended up

by mr suicide your refering to kurt cobain i think
and for most of his life he did but once he was big
he played right handed guitars stringed opposite
and btw he is not mr suicide he is a musical genious
Quote by BittertwistedZa

and btw he is not mr suicide he is a musical genious

+ like, atleast 5,000,000,000!
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
wouldn't playing the guitar upside down cause serious issues in fingering certain chords?