Well, i've got a baby one the way, will need cash at some point and one of these guitars has got to go. I am considering letting go of my MIM Fender Fat Strat or Ibanez RG3EXQM1. I like them both. The RG is mainly for metal riffage, the cleans are alright but nothing compared to the fender. The strat can do metal, but not that well in its current state (stock humbucker). I know keeping both would be ideal, but if you had to choose, which would you keep? It's like picking between two hot chicks, each stunning but in different ways. Anyways, some opinions would help out. thanks.
Keep that Strat, the RG's craptacular Edge III will destroy the value if you keep it and the stock pickup on the RG isn't that great anyways. You can get a Tone Zone (love it!) bridge pickup on your MIM Strat to get a good metal sound and wouldn't cost a lot.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
what one feels better to YOU.

You could keep the strat and get a better humbucker for more versitile playing. the standard humbucker sucks tits anyway.
Quote by SQHero
Keep that Strat, the RG's craptacular Edge III will destroy the value if you keep it and the stock pickup on the RG isn't that great anyways. You can get a Tone Zone (love it!) bridge pickup on your MIM Strat to get a good metal sound and wouldn't cost a lot.

The RG3ex1 is a hardtail, meaning no Edge III

Also, the stock humbucker on the Fender is comparable in quality to the stock humbuckers in the Ibanez.

Anyway, go for the one you like best.

In your situation I'd probably go for the Fedner, but that's just me.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The RG3ex1 is a hardtail, meaning no Edge III

Also, the stock humbucker on the Fender is comparable in quality to the stock humbuckers in the Ibanez.

Anyway, go for the one you like best.

In your situation I'd probably go for the Fedner, but that's just me.

Thanks for correcting me. Anyways I'll still go for Fender since it'll have a better versatility with the single coils.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by samerika
well what genre do you play?

Initially mostly metal and hardrock, my first guitar was a Jackson Dinky of some sort. But in the past couple years I started getting into more classic rock and blues, plus working more on acoustic stuff. I guess i'm starting to mellow out.