With my setup getting finished this summer, and everything, I will be very happy..... I am just unsure if I am going to be thoroughly happy with my pickups.

Cureently, I am running Seymour Duncan Invaders, and they are sick, but I'm thinking I want to go active.... not 100% set on it yet. If I was going active, I would go Blackouts.... but then I read a post today saying that there is no real need for really hot output pickups with high gain amps like Boogies and ENGL's.....

What does everyone think?

Switch to less hot passives.... or switch to higher output active Blackouts.....
I know its a preference decision on my end, but just looking for some advice... I want the most versatility out of my guitar once I get my stuff, and I have my doubts just reading more and more posts.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
if you want versatility and like the invader in the bridge position then maybe just get a new neck pup like a sd 59 or a SD jazz.

I don't think actives would be they way to go for you.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Going active strikes me as silly, when there's so many good passive pups out there (that require no new pots, and cost less than $160-200 for the pair). Then again, I'm not a high gain fellow. At all.

That being said, I think there's something to be said for a SD '59 at the neck.
I may just end up going with an SD 59 in the neck for my cleans.... Hell, I may just even buy a separate guitar for cleans, because most of the time, if theres cleans that im playing, its a whole song.... and then just do EMG's or blackouts in the hagstrom....
Quote by PaulTheVillan
Invaders are ****e

****e? never seen that one before?
oh...maybe ****e? well thanks for the insight, and comment on my current setup.... douche