I am a budding guitarist and I really want to know how guitarists do this :

I tried with the strap and now I have a chip in my Epi Les Paul

So pit, HALP!

EDIT: I mean play their guitar vertically
Last edited by Episrgibsons at Mar 5, 2008,
rest the guitar on your hip/thigh and push the guitar out against the strap?

I dunno, I don't bother with posturing, I just play.
aaah this is a simple error with many beginning guitarists

step 1) put on hat
step 2) pose with les paul

hope this helped like it has many others in the past!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Time. As time goes on you'll be more and more able to play while doing stuff. Then you'll be able to lift it up like that. Simple as that.

Slash is a perfect example of this actually. Gibson Les Pauls are really heavy and the fact that he can move around so much with one is a testament to his ability to just plain play the instrument.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
A strong left arm.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Hold it vertically and play pretty much (I probably dont need to mention it but your gona need a strap)
Quote by faultyy
Hold it vertically and play pretty much (I probably dont need to mention it buy your gona need a strap)

I tried with my strap but it came off and I couldn't catch it.

Now I have a chip In my Les Paul
Right, well if you're a budding guitarist, I recommend you learn something worth going into that pose to play. I mean, if you just stand there holding the guitar, it's gonna look slightly fail.
Idk I was like pushing it outward I guess. Not to mention that kinda hard to hold when your playing a riff
Quote by Episrgibsons
I tried with my strap but it came off and I couldn't catch it.

Now I have a chip In my Les Paul

Straplocks in that case, strap buttons and weird angles dont usuaslly mix
im not sure cause i don't usually do it, but i think you hold it with ur thumb on the back of the neck and ur index finger while ur other fingers do the soloing
or if you hold the guitar in place between ur chest and elbow area of ur right arm, i think that could work
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Well you have to get someone to stick a white hot needle through your nose, it really hurts and It looks stupid so I don't recommend it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Straplocks and a strap that doesn't slide easily.
Then just push the guitar with your picking arm (with a strat it's really easy because it's arched).
Iron Maiden does that all the time. I do it if I have trouble accessing the 20th - 21th frets.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Is it just me? But in that painting of Slash, the Les Paul he is holding is a Standard. So why does it have block inlays. It should have trapezoid inlays.
Be cool.