Well if Rich is a reliable dealer, then That Setup he offers is pretty Tempting over muscians Friend.

plus MF doesnt Ship the guitar i want (RG1570) to Canada, Rich does.
its definately safe onyl niche is if you are ordering from outside of the US you have to do a bank wire transfer which can be hassle, however plenty of people have bought from there and never looked back since the guy that owns the business is active on the jemsite forums, his name is Rich go on there and read in the jem and jcustom sections. www.jemsite.com
Quote by Zanon
its definately safe onyl niche is if you are ordering from outside of the US you have to do a bank wire transfer which can be hassle, however plenty of people have bought from there and never looked back since the guy that owns the business is active on the jemsite forums, his name is Rich go on there and read in the jem and jcustom sections. www.jemsite.com

On the site i thought i read you could just Use Paypal if your internatonal, you just had to have the Money already in your paypal account or something?
Quote by Tubyboulin
On the site i thought i read you could just Use Paypal if your internatonal, you just had to have the Money already in your paypal account or something?

Oh yeah i just read that actually, however it does say that your account cannot be linked with an ATM or a debit card, so it kinda has to be a standalone bank account with a paypal connection.
So id have to get a Bank account AND a Paypal and connect them to buy from him? or just get a Paypal and transfer funds in from a current bank account?
It probably just means he doesn't accept credit/debit cards through paypal. Sellers have to pay extra paypal fees in order to accept plastic. Just transferring funds from your normal account should be fine.
Quote by Jason43
It probably just means he doesn't accept credit/debit cards through paypal. Sellers have to pay extra paypal fees in order to accept plastic. Just transferring funds from your normal account should be fine.

Alright, thats good then. The shops around here are crazy expensive so i was hoping to be able to order online.
Just email him, Rich is a reliable guy, if you dont trust him I know a forum full of people that will back him up entirely.
Quote by jake911
Just email him, Rich is a reliable guy, if you dont trust him I know a forum full of people that will back him up entirely.

I was taking to him through Emails, and i did trust him. its just i always have my doubts when doing stuff on line. All those Pedo-Hunting threads in the pit have taught me that Its easy to lie about who you are on the internet

I Think im gonna order from him then, just needed some re-assurance
Rich sells guitars and parts for a living. There is a reason why he's so highly regarded on jemsite. I have bought from him and he's very reliable. He wont accept paypal if you use a credit card (just in case its stolen). You must have funds in your account to do business with him. He only sells HIGH quality instruments new or used. He also sets them up for maximum playability before shipping them.
Ibanezrules is awesome. It is worth it. The guy there who owns it knows more about Ibanez than anyone, and sets up every guitar before its shipped. His setups are one of the best you can get
Quote by FRDesign
Ibanezrules is awesome. It is worth it. The guy there who owns it knows more about Ibanez than anyone, and sets up every guitar before its shipped. His setups are one of the best you can get

Yeah, thats really what Caught My eye about high. seems like its well worth the Price!
I'd avoid Rich given the choice. This is how he treats prospective customers:

Re: RE:‏
Sent: 11 September 2009 16:55:23
To: Matt Fowler (mattintrepid_@hotmail.co.uk)
so, the name calling starts.
you're a lazy **** that wants everything done for you.
you just made the blocked email list, don't bother to reply, i won't get it, thankfully.

----- Original Message -----
To: rich@ibanezrules.com
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:46 AM
Subject: RE:

No i'm sorry you're just too arrogant to offer real help.

Japan. Yeah thanks.

Yeha its business and i'm looking for something you don't deal with. Your argument is totally void.

To: mattintrepid_@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: RE:
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:15:33 -0400

please, i'm in business, grow up.
i gave you help, you just don't want to put the EFFORT you'd need to take it further.
you blew it.

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:25 PM

You know, if i were to be a known authority on a subject and someone asked me for help/advice i'd give it.

You can't get Destroyer II's knew, they were discontinued so i'm relying on some sort of musical instrument trading site or something like ebay. And even then its hit and miss whether one turns up.

You were recommended by another member of a forum i frequent and to be perfectly honest you blew it.

I can't believe you're a musician, usually musicians help each other out.

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:20:59 -0400

absolutely, because japan is such a backwater third world country there's no way they have the internet, or online translators........

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:14 PM

Ok, i'll learn japanese and buy a plane ticket

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:11:21 -0400

i told you where you can find them, and plenty. if you thought i was going to give you the keys to my car and just let you drive you thought wrong. if you don'y know how to go about finding thm yourself there, then stick to ebay. and that's all the

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:48 PM

Thanks i can't believe how helpful you've been.

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:31:07 -0400

stick to ebay

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:29 PM

Come on man if you aren't interested in getting one whats the harm in letting me into the secret :P

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:27:14 -0400

>typically i only handle post 87 shredders, and destroyers don't sell high enough to do a contract buy for one.

i wouldn't

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:26 PM

What sort of price would i be looking at for a DT100 Destroyer II? If you were to acquire one for me to buy off you?

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:23:08 -0400

sorry but i'm not giving up my search links

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:19 PM

I can see thats a good idea but i don't speak japenese. Where abouts should i try lok? Where are they advertised.

(Sorry a bloke i know recommended you for your knowledge on the subject)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:00:49 -0400

japan

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:36 AM

I recently missed one on Ebay that went for cheap and i missed a DT500 that went for £580, they outbid me at 3 seconds to go.

Where should i look for one? They don't seem to be that popular at all!

Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:23:38 -0400

there's plenty of them out there. typically i only handle post 87 shredders, and destroyers don't sell high enough to do a contract buy for one.

Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:09 PM

Hey there, i'm after a 1980's Ibanez Destroyer II.

Can you help?

Matt
^ You're fishing for information and wasting the guys time, he knows you are not a potential sale
I originally went to him for the sale and would happily have paid him for what i was looking for. I even offered to buy one through him and would have happily paid extra so he still made his profit.
I've got an '83 Destroyer II DT400 in great condition with professially done mods (added an OFR and locking nut). I got pics. How much are you offering?
Could you send me the pictures please?

I was thinking of paying about £350
Quote by oddkid_
Could you send me the pictures please?

I was thinking of paying about £350

1. I live in the US... roughly how much would shipping costs be? Because since I know how expensive the transport is, I'd take 350 pounds (584.36 USD) but you'd also have to pay shipping costs.

BUT

2. It's worth it. It's in great condition and a ~200 dollar OFR/locking nut has been installed.

Pics: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152954

AND it has the awesome Super 70 pickups.
Quote by oddkid_

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:15:33 -0400

please, i'm in business, grow up.
i gave you help, you just don't want to put the EFFORT you'd need to take it further.
you blew it.

This is exactly what happened. A guy who runs a business selling guitars didn't want to import a single guitar from japan just to please you. Boo-hoo.
Also, the fact that someone plays an instrument does not mean that you share some connection and they owe you one.
My best advice, would be go for the sure shot, like Guitar Center, Sam Ash, or Musicians Friend, it is really ultimatley your choice, but I've never ordered anything from them, nor plan to....
I say dont take a chance.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Rich at ibanez rules is great and go for the platinum setup, i`ve heard nothing but praise for the service he delivers, never had any dealings with him personally but he definatly won`t rip you off like GC seems to do judging by the stuff i`ve seen posted on here.
Quote by oddkid_

What did you expect? You're not a prospective customer, you're an annoying asshat.

I've never gotten a guitar from Rich, but occasionally buy parts to fix up my own gear, and he's been nothing but helpful. He prices his wares more than competitively too, so I guess the only downside is that "Indulging obnoxious infants with limited reading comprehension and attitude issues" is not one of the services he offers.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
All I hear is that it's great to deal with Rich
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by oddkid_
*asshatery*

Seriously? You bumped this thread to show everyone how immature and spiteful you are? Nice.
Quote by pifty
What did you expect? You're not a prospective customer, you're an annoying asshat.

I've never gotten a guitar from Rich, but occasionally buy parts to fix up my own gear, and he's been nothing but helpful. He prices his wares more than competitively too, so I guess the only downside is that "Indulging obnoxious infants with limited reading comprehension and attitude issues" is not one of the services he offers.

look at kurosawagakki (the site is in japanese but i can read a bit of japanese so i know they take english language orders). japanese ibanez prices are really good.