Thanks for letting me know which gear sucks so I styay away from it and buy better gear. Today, my band was trying out for our schools talent show, and there was another band there who had every crap gear that has been mentioned on this site. They had:
A White Marshall MG100 Halfstack
Line 6 Spider II 120w
Fender Frontman 212
Ibanez GAX something

and they tried doing a cover of Blink 182's "Josie." Their drummer couldn;t keep a beat going if he life depended on it.

Now, my band had some decent gear, and we cover Nirvana's "Breed" and did a kickass job. Thank you UG for saving my ass and not letting me buy crappy crappy gear.
damn right
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Why are you thanking The Pit?

All we do is make penis jokes and encourage killings.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by sXe170
Thanks for letting me know which gear sucks so I styay away from it and buy better gear. Today, my band was trying out for our schools talent show, and there was another band there who had every crap gear that has been mentioned on this site. They had:
A White Marshall MG100 Halfstack
Line 6 Spider II 120w
Fender Frontman 212
Ibanez GAX something

and they tried doing a cover of Blink 182's "Josie." Their drummer couldn;t keep a beat going if he life depended on it.

Now, my band had some decent gear, and we cover Nirvana's "Breed" and did a kickass job. Thank you UG for saving my ass and not letting me buy crappy crappy gear.

Your post is fake.
I can tell because you said you did a good job, yet you said you played a Nirvana song.
That just doesn't work.
TITS OR GTFO!

Nah, I'm kidding.

Good job, and no problem. That's what we sacrifice our lives to be on this site for.

Quote by Cpt.Jackass

+1!

Take this to GG&A, they helped you.

Not the Pit. We can only scar you for life in here.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Quote by Garb
Your post is fake.
I can tell because you said you did a good job, yet you said you played a Nirvana song.
That just doesn't work.

Breed is actually one of their less soundinh Grunge songs, sounds more punk.
My gear is a pile of crap and I still manage to impress people.

Its how you use your gear that makes your sound. Granted some things sound better than others but you can patch things over with pedals and what not but at the end of the day, I still play with crappy gear and sound better than someone with better gear.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by dudetheman
TITS OR GTFO!

Nah, I'm kidding.

Good job, and no problem. That's what we sacrifice our lives to be on this site for.

+1!

Take this to GG&A, they helped you.

Not the Pit. We can only scar you for life in here.

Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Hate to break this to you.

But your gear had nothing to do with how well you played/others didn't play
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

UbR31! S1gG4buLLz!1!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Gear reviews on UG annoy me. There's no universal rating system and thus we have both Squier and Fenders recieving user scores in the 9.x's. It almost renders the rating system completely pointless.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Gear reviews on UG annoy me. There's no universal rating system and thus we have both Squier and Fenders recieving user scores in the 9.x's. It almost renders the rating system completely pointless.

Indeed..it's annoying how a practice amp can get a better or equal score to a clearly supperior amp..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

it's my pleasure
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

+1 to siged!
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

So sigged.

Also, you're welcome! Even though I played no part in any gear bashing or suggestions. But then again, I didn't suggest any bad gear. And with my logic, that means I was helping
You said their drummer couldn't keep time?

/nothing to do with bad guitar equipment.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
**** what UG has to say about gear. As far as I'm concerned, if you like the sound, go for it. You shouldn't automatically not consider something like an MG or a Line 6 just because some internet forum says it sucks. It all depends on what sound you want and what you are going to do with it. EXAMPLE: I bought a Kuston Kga 65 watt SS amp from a friend and UG told me it sucks. I play in a melodic hardcore band and it works great.

Moral of the story: Don't let some internet forum sway your opinions.
Quote by killsPEACHES
**** what UG has to say about gear. As far as I'm concerned, if you like the sound, go for it. You shouldn't automatically not consider something like an MG or a Line 6 just because some internet forum says it sucks. It all depends on what sound you want and what you are going to do with it. EXAMPLE: I bought a Kuston Kga 65 watt SS amp from a friend and UG told me it sucks. I play in a melodic hardcore band and it works great.

Moral of the story: Don't let some internet forum sway your opinions.

the internet does all of my decision making though before the internet i was lost
Quote by Flying Couch
You thought they were playing crappy gear, but your sig says you play a Crate?

My amp isn't crappy. It's one of the better solid state amps that Crate made.
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
Are we supposed to...say something?

Lol @ Crate?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I see that this topic has gone to nonsense and people not aren't even sticking to the original point. MY amp isn't bad, you've obviously haven't played it if you think it's bad. People who flame other equipment have played them, and they realize it's not good sounding. All I wanted to do was thank those who played a MG, Spider, Frontman for their input on it. Becasue really, I got a better amp then what I already mentioned, due to their review. Mods can close this if they want now.
Why would someone buy an MG halfstack :| ?
Why would Marshall make an MG halfstack :| ?
I mean, I understand a valvestate halfstack. Even though it's a solid state, it sounds amazing for a solid state and isn't expensive.
But an MG halfstack ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by sXe170
I see that this topic has gone to nonsense and people not aren't even sticking to the original point. MY amp isn't bad, you've obviously haven't played it if you think it's bad. People who flame other equipment have played them, and they realize it's not good sounding. All I wanted to do was thank those who played a MG, Spider, Frontman for their input on it. Becasue really, I got a better amp then what I already mentioned, due to their review. Mods can close this if they want now.
My post was intended as more lighthearted than you seem to have interpreted it. Sorry.
you're thanking the pit for something you most likely learned in teh guitar gear and accessories forum?