So I was getting into more jazz fingerpicking on the electric(better control with voicings). I'm new to fingerpickin' on anything other then a classical. I was also looking for a new guitar. Any tips on what kind of guitar helps give my right hand more room?

For example, a seasoned player I know recommend a S/H pup configuration(he's got some kind of tele), but I don't know if I want that single coil in the bridge. Though I am considering a strat. But as for setups, should the action be set higher and the pickups be set lower? Any tips much appreciated. thx in advance!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
For sound I like nice hot blues stuff off the neck pu but for most rhythm mellow-warm - sort of like nylon string, without being overly bright or twangy. Hand position would be right over to slightly forward of the bridge pu if it is a humbucker.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I'd say lower your bass pickup a little and screw your mids pickup down completely if you use one instead of the usual humbuckers.

Your treble pickup sounds like it's in a good place for it.

Concerning guitars I believe you'd get more room with a guitar without humbuckers. That's about it really. Guitars don't usually spare much room over there, just enough for pickups and strings.
This doesn't belong in Advanced Techniques, probably Electric Guitar or GG&A.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out