Yes, what with having passive pups, it's much more versatile than a guitar with actives. Before you get a crazy expensive guitar, get a decent (tube) amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yes, what with having passive pups, it's much more versatile than a guitar with actives. Before you get a crazy expensive guitar, get a decent (tube) amp.

Yeah, I know I should but I hitting college in the fall and I won't be playing thru an amp. just me a guitar, headphones, and my pod x3 live.
Its an Ibanez..so it cant do anything!

Haha, kust kidding. I would say that it would be way better for shred and metal, but may be able to handle a bit of blues with the pod x3
Hello
I'm probably going to get a Fender Strat but for some reason that I couldn't, this is an option.
The Edge Pro can't pull up well since it's gotta Edge Zero system. The pickups are pretty good considering stocks but should be replaced with DiMarzio (NO EMG). The coil split (selector position 2 and 4) between one humbucker and the single coil sounds a lot like a Strat, not not genuine, so don't get this guitar wrong as a one-trick pony.

Oh yea, the new Edge Pro's are not as good as the older ones so get a Tremsetter.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
The new bridges are good, and you dont have to get a tremsetter.

Try the pickups before you swap, you might like them.

THis guitar is versatile.
Quote by thebroken
I'm probably going to get a Fender Strat but for some reason that I couldn't, this is an option.

You shouldn't be really looking at the RG then, you should be looking at the S Series. They're arguably the most versatile guitars ever designed, and they sound good in any genre though if you play mostly cleans there's much better choices. I gigged in a blues/rock band for two years with an S470, and it's also become an ideal backup now I've switched to Telecasters.