what if i were to install an emg bridge humbucker on a guitar like for example a fender showmaster where there are 2 seymour duncan buckers, if i were to leave the neck pickup as a seymour duncan for clean and an emg for distortion, would there be any problems? what about if i have them both on at once, how would that sound
Its a pain in the arse mixing active and passive pickups, and I'm not sure if you can have them playing both at once - I think its either an on or off option.

Mixing passive brands (or active brands) would work though - you could run a Seymour Duncan pickup and a DiMarzio pickup for example
Having an active and a passive pickup in a guitar takes complicated wiring. they have to be on separate circuit, and can't be used together. Unless you like messing with wires, I'd say to not do an active and a passive pup in the same guitar. It is possible, but it will take lots of work. I'd google "how to put active and passive pickups in a guitar together", I'm not the most reliable source.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I believe that you can actually have active and passive pickups in the same circuit, you just have to use 25k potentiometers which means that you will not have much variety to the sound of the passive pickup.
Quote by XgamerGt04
I believe that you can actually have active and passive pickups in the same circuit, you just have to use 25k potentiometers which means that you will not have much variety to the sound it will suck every last drop of tone out of the passive pickup.
*Fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.