Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

It's been a while since i last posted So i thought would give an update on things.

Currently i am on tour with a Band called Cauda Pavonis and things are going very well!

I have finally gotten all my BCR's in one place to take a family picture. I have never been able to do this either because i have had new ones on their way or in repair (Mostly the latter as i have had problems of some description with every one of them!

So without further ado, My family.

Singley,

BC-Rich Eagle, USA NT Custom Shop 2003 NAAM Display Piece, Tobaccoburst, Quilt top, Mahagony core, Walnut stringers mahagony wings, Dimarzios, Full moser electronics, OHSC, Awesome bass, Thanks Lorne

BC-Rich Warlock NT 5 String. Trans black, 2007, Had a bridge problem when it came in and had to be sunk into the body, Sounds great, Plays great, The only 5 string i ever liked! Thanks Larry from BSM!

BC-Rich Ironbird NJ BO series. Late 80's Japanese, Aftermarket jazz pup installed, OHSC, Has quite a bit fretwear but will be getting new frets soon! This bass is the growliest bass i own, Both pups are allways on, it sounds like a fat Geddy Lee. Thanks Kev! (Dudewithstuff)

BC-Rich Ironbird USA BO. Completely Stock, Bought NOS, OHSC, had a neck pocket problem but fixed now This thing is really clean for its age, It has very good balance considering! thanks to Sebastard!

BC-Rich Eagle NJ series BO, late 80's japanese, HSC,When i bought it the headstock was snapped off in shipping and had her repaired. Completely stock bass. REAL nice player. No thanks to the asshole who shipped it with the headstock packed in too tight with bubblewrap!

So there you have it! However the family have to be broken up tommorow again The Red IB has huge fretwear that has been noticable on all recordings (Every note on the Lower Strings Lower frets is sharp) So that will take a while to get sorted. But is well worth for that growly tone! Also there will be a foreign Invader in the collection tommorow, i take ownership of a Non BCR 6 string bass.

I love my BCR's!
Rob.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by smb
Nice collection! I've got a weakness for Ironbirds...I'll own one eventually.

Good luck! They come up on ebay very infrequently! Took me ages and paying over the odds for mine!
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
not a BC Rich fan but that eagle is orgasmic
i bet it plays and sounds as great as it looks

I love dual-split pickups. I played a Mockingbird with two splits, growliest instrument I've ever touched.

Very nice family.
Quote by Scourge441
I love dual-split pickups. I played a Mockingbird with two splits, growliest instrument I've ever touched.

Very nice family.

I used to have one of those as well, A nice off white one. Though i know how to get it back if i get desperate enough
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
i dont understand why you continue to buy BC Rich when you have such problems with them. and i can honestly say ive never really cared for the company at all.

but i will say this: that custom shop eagle is one of the most beautiful basses ive ever seen.
Quote by thundrstruk891
i dont understand why you continue to buy BC Rich when you have such problems with them. and i can honestly say ive never really cared for the company at all.

but i will say this: that custom shop eagle is one of the most beautiful basses ive ever seen.

Because i have bought them all (Apart from the warlock) Second hand, So there are bound to be problems with them. When they were brand new there was nothing wrong with them at all. I just seem to have exceptionally bad luck with basses! My fault from buying from the net and not in a shop, But then again i would never be able to find these BCR's.

All of these basses are made from decent wood with some damn fine electronics.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
There's something that just doesn't sit right with the Ironbirds, and I'm not sure what it is. The Eagles on the other hand... lush. I've always wanted to play a dual split coil bass, I'm so curious about the sound.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
There's something that just doesn't sit right with the Ironbirds, and I'm not sure what it is. The Eagles on the other hand... lush. I've always wanted to play a dual split coil bass, I'm so curious about the sound.

Well alot of people arent keen on the bridge area, And the lack of an upper cutaway. It's not the most balanced of basses.

Problem with ironbirds are, is that its a guitar shape that was turned into a bass, It was difficult because with a bass scale the bridge would be off the body. So it had to be extended etc.

The Red on is what is known as the MK1 shape, Which is the better shape IMO. The Mk2 Is the black one.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by Asomodai
Hey guys.

It's been a while since i last posted So i thought would give an update on things.

Currently i am on tour with a Band called Cauda Pavonis and things are going very well!

I have finally gotten all my BCR's in one place to take a family picture. I have never been able to do this either because i have had new ones on their way or in repair (Mostly the latter as i have had problems of some description with every one of them!

So without further ado, My family.

Singley,

BC-Rich Eagle, USA NT Custom Shop 2003 NAAM Display Piece, Tobaccoburst, Quilt top, Mahagony core, Walnut stringers mahagony wings, Dimarzios, Full moser electronics, OHSC, Awesome bass, Thanks Lorne

BC-Rich Warlock NT 5 String. Trans black, 2007, Had a bridge problem when it came in and had to be sunk into the body, Sounds great, Plays great, The only 5 string i ever liked! Thanks Larry from BSM!

BC-Rich Ironbird NJ BO series. Late 80's Japanese, Aftermarket jazz pup installed, OHSC, Has quite a bit fretwear but will be getting new frets soon! This bass is the growliest bass i own, Both pups are allways on, it sounds like a fat Geddy Lee. Thanks Kev! (Dudewithstuff)

BC-Rich Ironbird USA BO. Completely Stock, Bought NOS, OHSC, had a neck pocket problem but fixed now This thing is really clean for its age, It has very good balance considering! thanks to Sebastard!

BC-Rich Eagle NJ series BO, late 80's japanese, HSC,When i bought it the headstock was snapped off in shipping and had her repaired. Completely stock bass. REAL nice player. No thanks to the asshole who shipped it with the headstock packed in too tight with bubblewrap!

So there you have it! However the family have to be broken up tommorow again The Red IB has huge fretwear that has been noticable on all recordings (Every note on the Lower Strings Lower frets is sharp) So that will take a while to get sorted. But is well worth for that growly tone! Also there will be a foreign Invader in the collection tommorow, i take ownership of a Non BCR 6 string bass.

I love my BCR's!
Rob.

Gee, these pics look really familiar...

Good to see another shredderite on UG.

I still love the looks of that red ironbird
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
the tobacco burst one is sexy

the others, just give off a sense of cheapness
Quote by Confused2316
Gee, these pics look really familiar...

Good to see another shredderite on UG.

I still love the looks of that red ironbird

Haha, Hey man. I cut my forum teeth on UG back in the day, Dont post that much on here anymore, After being a Smod for this site and being hacked many a time because of the Smod status, I just kinda faded away a bit!
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
I am not a huge BC Rich fan, but that Eagle has me itching for a trial run. Nice collection!!
Quote by nt1440
the tobacco burst one is sexy

the others, just give off a sense of cheapness

Thats half the appeal, I was a big fan of 80s hair metal and shred for a long time, Without me the 80s shred and prog forum wouldnt exist, I was the Smod that essentially petitioned and created it!

I like the cheapness, Besides going on looks aint gonna get you through life buddy ;-) I use the Ironbirds regulary in the studio. The pink Eagle is the lightest bass i have ever played, The warlock is the only 5 string i have ever liked, and the Tobacco burst Eagle, is just well nice ;-)

I have owned more basses then most people, Custom shop gibsons, Sadowskys, Sei's, Modulus, Musicman, Fenders, tokais, Status's.

And for all those basses, i have stuck with and bought BCR's Thats gotta say something about them ;-)
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by Asomodai
Haha, Hey man. I cut my forum teeth on UG back in the day, Dont post that much on here anymore, After being a Smod for this site and being hacked many a time because of the Smod status, I just kinda faded away a bit!

well, I don't blame you. I couldn't stand having a bunch of kids hacking into my account.

btw, if you should come across any decent ironbird basses that you don't want, let me know. (I'm Devin M)
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
well im all for an ugly nice playing guitar, but sadly the one exception is warlocks, i hate them soooo much
Quote by Confused2316
well, I don't blame you. I couldn't stand having a bunch of kids hacking into my account.

btw, if you should come across any decent ironbird basses that you don't want, let me know. (I'm Devin M)

Gotcha, Its a pity you didnt snap up any of the ones i got. I bought them all off of Shredderites
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by Asomodai
Gotcha, Its a pity you didnt snap up any of the ones i got. I bought them all off of Shredderites

Yeah, I've been preoccupied with my arachnid for the last few months. I'm just now looking for my next bass. I actually thought about getting one of Ronz's sig basses, but I might as well get a custom for that price.
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Quote by Confused2316
Yeah, I've been preoccupied with my arachnid for the last few months. I'm just now looking for my next bass. I actually thought about getting one of Ronz's sig basses, but I might as well get a custom for that price.

Actually, I know of someone selling a black Neck thru USA Ironbird bass for $1500. Hit me up a PM if you want details.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
PM sent
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Quote by Asomodai
Problem with ironbirds are, is that its a guitar shape that was turned into a bass, It was difficult because with a bass scale the bridge would be off the body. So it had to be extended etc.

The thing that kills me is that all 'Bird basses that are on the market would actually balance much better, if not awesomely, if the bodies were mirrored vertically. If that long horn at the bottom was at the top, with a strap button, the thing'd balance wonderfully. I don't think the bass would look much different to many people, either.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
The thing that kills me is that all 'Bird basses that are on the market would actually balance much better, if not awesomely, if the bodies were mirrored vertically. If that long horn at the bottom was at the top, with a strap button, the thing'd balance wonderfully. I don't think the bass would look much different to many people, either.

Still, most of the problem can be fixed with a thick strap and a little weight in the control cavity, right?
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Nice! I can't say I'm a huge fan of B.C. Rich, but that Eagle looks mighty nice, and I'm sure it sounds great too.

I wish I could hear what that red Ironbird sounds like. I've never really seen a bass with a PJ pickup combination that close to the bridge.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Quote by Confused2316
Still, most of the problem can be fixed with a thick strap and a little weight in the control cavity, right?

The threadstarter will probably have a more decisive answer, but from what I understand, the Ironbird head-dives the most, followed by the Iceman, then the Thunderbird, then the EBx series.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
The threadstarter will probably have a more decisive answer, but from what I understand, the Ironbird head-dives the most, followed by the Iceman, then the Thunderbird, then the EBx series.

Ah... You have a graded list on the balance of basses.

I know its important. But a list?

Nice basses though, I'm especially a fan of the eagles.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Why not a list? The Iceman dives more than the Thunderbird. And the Thunderbird more than the Iceman. And the EB series dives, but not as badly as those ones. Is that better? The same information, in a longer sentence, not as a list. What difference does it make?

If I wanted to make an impressive list that I had compiled, it'd contain numbers, and the numbers would go higher than 4.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
If I wanted to make an impressive list that I had compiled, it'd contain numbers, and the numbers would go higher than 4.

Then you would also need a rating out of 1/10 on the severity of the neck dive.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Quote by sven_cliffy
Then you would also need a rating out of 1/10 on the severity of the neck dive.

Psshh. I don't do this 1-10 crap. It's -5 to 5. I don't use passive rating systems the same way I don't use passive EQs.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Psshh. I don't do this 1-10 crap. It's -5 to 5. I don't use passive rating systems the same way I don't use passive EQs.

Not sure about your sad face Fitz, but regardless, +1.

And plus, if you spent that much time on a list, I'm sure you would use actual measurements and not some normative-ass scale. I'm thinking like some calculation involving weight and radius of the horn from the balanced center of the bass, etc.

I should've taken physics.

By the way Threadstarter, beautiful little collection there, and with good diversity. Unfortunately my experience with B.C. Rich has been limited only to guitar - my guitarist had an acrylic transparent green mockingbird. Thing sounded so rich (pun not intended) and beautiful... but weighs more than my luthite bass! I'm really glad I convinced him not to sell it, it has unbeatable cleans. So, I'll take for granted that their basses are equally as high-quality.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Last edited by WhyLater at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by thundrstruk891

I agree, nice collection you have but i wouldn't want a BC Rich if it was given for free.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Ironbirds are great, I will own one when I have the cash.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
Ironbirds are great, I will own one when I have the cash.

I agree. TS, if you EVER want to sell the black Ironbird PM me . I'm sure that thing sounds as great as it looks. The real BC Rich I want is a 5 string Custom Shop Beast. One of these days, I'll be rich.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
No Your41PLague12

you'll be C rich

hahahahahahaha

sorry

had to do it
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
No Your41PLague12

you'll be C rich

hahahahahahaha

sorry

had to do it

Thanks, that was really necessary. Asomodai, how does the CS Eagle sound naturally? I'm thinking because of the pickup choice, it would naturally have a lot of "bark" to it with a relatively growly tone. Seems like a metal machine, to me, although I'm sure you could get some nice tones for other genres. I know if I were choosing a bass to play metal with, a CS BC Rich would be the first place I'd look (providing I had the money).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Thanks, that was really necessary. Asomodai, how does the CS Eagle sound naturally? I'm thinking because of the pickup choice, it would naturally have a lot of "bark" to it with a relatively growly tone. Seems like a metal machine, to me, although I'm sure you could get some nice tones for other genres. I know if I were choosing a bass to play metal with, a CS BC Rich would be the first place I'd look (providing I had the money).

It's actually not a metal machine, Its more of a smooth funk and sould machine. The dimarzios are not as hot as lets say, emgs or SD's Eventually i wouldnt mind stringing flats to it at one point. I can get a metalish sound of it, But all my other basses get that sound more naturally.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Quote by thefitz

I can vouche for the Iceman... I heard it was bad, but my god it falls at 50 MPH (or whatever KPH). Ive learned that if I keep my forearm on the body while picking itll stay with no problems. Worth it though. Gets a tone Im quite happy with. Just wish I splurged and got the active version and would have if it wasnt completly black.

Anyway i have to say damn you/thank you Asomodai for bringing back my curiosity for a quality mockingbird or eagle bass. The only problem being finding one to try let alone buy.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Nice Collection, thanks for sharing, I really like the Eagle, very sweet bass.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
Page 1 of 2