so today i was supposed to have practice with a few friends of mine for a band we are trying to start up (band a), but i got a request to practice with another band (band b), and im way better friends than all of them. so i went to band b's practice and i liked it a lot better than the practices with band a. band b is also much father along than band a and they needed another guitarist. so...what do i do? my friends in band a would be pissed if i just ditched them, but band b holds more potential for me as a guitarist and im way better friends with all of them. i just dont know how to break it to band a, even though the bassist has been holding us back for a long time. suggestions?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
I say join both, unless you have something against it.

Also, wrong forum. You might find the Bandleading forum a bit more helpful than the Pit:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=56
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
thanks, i'll try to do that, and i'll try bandleading

EDIT: actually...both might not be too good, because im also in an acoustic duo with another guitarist, so.....juggling the three around might be a little dangerous
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Last edited by All_Hands_Dead at Mar 5, 2008,
Do you value your friends feelings or your possible career (or at least advancement as a musician) more?

It's up to you man, but your friends would probably get over it if you explained it to them.
yeah i'd hope they would, but we had a band member leave awhile back for the same reason and now he and his band are touring the state, band a is going nowhere in my opinion, and i'd rather side with my closer friends anyways
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by FrEeYoUrHaTe
Tell me...
Are you Hillel Slovak?

uh...no..? why?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
why not do both? unless the schedules are really conflicting. i know people that are in more than one band.
idk...i really dont see band a going very far..at all, we've already broken up and gotten together again a few times
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Quote by All_Hands_Dead
uh...no..? why?

Because the first guitarist of RHCP had this same exact problem, right down to the phailing bassist in Band A.