best $99 i ever spent,sounds just as good as my fender did,and I can rape the whammy bar and it stays in tune.
good for you !
some are gems, samething happened to a friend of mine, he found this Squier Bass, and it just has so much balls stock, it's better than most squiers in it's pricerange,
it all depends on luck eh ?
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Squier Bullets are just about the best guitars you can get for that price.
^sadly, it's the truth.

Fun fact: I saw someone turn a bullet into a GH controller. Twas pretty cool.
Yay or Nay?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
+1

I just picked one up for free in a trade (for a Squier PBass)

I got it just a guitar to keep in E standard tuning because my Ibanez has a FR and I keep it in Drop D.

Plugged it in last night when I got home from work for the first "real" time. Played it for about 2 hours.

It needs some adjustments to fit my likings, but it plays very well. The only real problem I have with it, is the sustain. Hopefully after tuning it to my likings it will get better.

Fun ass guitar though, and since it's so cheap, I don't feel bad about thrashing the crap out of it

My bullet strat plays great, although I went through about five or six of them at guitar center before I found the one that felt good.

I was ready to buy an Affinity (alder body, etc) but my bullet is thicker in both the body and neck, it felt more like a real strat.

Of course, it was set up like balls and I had to spend a few hours adjusting the bridge / setting the intonation / changing strings, but after that it's a really nice playing guitar.
i actually agree with the ts... i thought what the hell its only a hundred bones... it actually sounds pretty good (replaced the pick ups with lace sensors), the wood is basswood, the trem stays in tune, the action was pretty good, and the finish was sharp... best money ive ever spent
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I've got two, they are far and away better than the Affinity series. I've seen something on the net about them being made pretty nice to sort of rescue the Bullet name because poor quality of the small bodied Bullets of the recent past had really turned people off of them. both of mine are great though, the only area that needs attention right way is the tuners. Between the two of them I might have enough good tuners to do one guitar. But that is a small price to pay for such a nice guitar otherwise.
hmmmm I'm getting my first electric in a couple of weeks and I don't want to waste a lot of money, so... Affinity or Bullet??
Quote by Wild_Rose
hmmmm I'm getting my first electric in a couple of weeks and I don't want to waste a lot of money, so... Affinity or Bullet??

Some of them are good, and some are bad. They can be equal and all, but it's mainly pot luck. Go out and try some, or maybe look at a MIM Strat if you can afford it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Squier Bullet was my first guitar. Got it outta pawn shop in North Carolina when I was younger. Sold it a few years ago, but it was a pretty cool guitar.
Quote by Wild_Rose

there is no answer to that.

each guitar, ESPECIally, in the starter level, needs to be tested.

also, make sure you get a guitar that suits your music style, and an amp similar to a micro cube or a vox da5.

a good mini amp with effects is best versatility for your money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Mine sounds great. I was told by the guy who set it up "You got a good one." I've played better guitars. Even after I get my Ultimate G.A.S., the Bullet goes NOWHERE!
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
thanks guys!
I've tested a Bullet some weeks ago, it sounded fine to me (but again it was my first time playing an electric!)
Oh wait didn't catch the part about staying in tune. Nah, dude that helps it out of tune quicker. Don't care about tremolo that much. Finally took it off.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)