Page 1 of 2
I remember reading a while ago some guy in a band killed himself or someone and the picture was used as the bands album cover, can anyone confirm this and the name of the band? maybe my details are a little wrong but I think thats the jist of the story I read
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by Jet892
Mayhem

im just confirming that it was Mayhem, just so ur sure lol
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
It's "Dawn of the Black Hearts" by Mayhem
Quote by HenryJoe
neeto....any legal problems?

No, because he killed himself. Although, Varg Vikernes killed Euronymous, the guitarist, and Varg is now in jail.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
Varg Vikernes killed Euronymous, the guitarist, and Varg is now in jail.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate

Yeah, he stabbed him 23 times. Varg was also in Burzum, and I think he recorded some stuff from jail...?
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

It's a bootleg album called Dawn Of The Black Hearts by Mayhem.

EDIT: Everyone before me said it. Sorry for being an echo haha
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by poopsmith666
Yeah, he stabbed him 23 times. Varg was also in Burzum, and I think he recorded some stuff from jail...?

I'm almost positive he released something from jail.
Up the Punx!
Quote by poopsmith666

Yeah, he released stuff in jail. Too bad Euryonimus had to go too...Then again Dead wrote the Sathanas album (lyrically)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by DillusionSystem
Mayhem, his name is Dead

a bit ironic ?
Quote by kinzoku
a bit ironic ?

yeah, but he deserved it. Maniac was waaay better, and Dead didn't cut it really.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666

actually varg says that he only stabbed him a few times, the wounds on his back were from a broken vase that he fell on. i'd believe that too, there'd be a lot of pressure to put him behind bars for the church burnings.

yeah, he recorded stuff in gaol. that's the stuff where he uses only a synth, because the prison authorities wouldn't let him have a guitar.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Yes def mayhem, then the band members ate his brains, made charms with parts of his brain.. HMMM

John
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

holy carp guise!!!1!!1!!

I got into a debate about how legit this picture is with a friend of mine. The Wikipedia article says that he slit his wrists before shooting himself. However, the blood on the blade has splatters of blood, most likely caused from the shotgun blast. While it's possible (squirting blood from arteries?), there's still the fact that the blade is on top of the shotgun. Questioning the quality of the photo is, however, a void point. This was like 1990~ with a disposable camera...
Apparently Euronymous moved some stuff around before taking the picture. I dunno. I can't focus right now. Come back in 2-3 hours.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I think Euronymous rearranged some things before he took the picture.^

Edit- damn it, late
Yeah I remember reading that he "posed" the body. So it's possible, but meh.
Quote by pistols
actually varg says that he only stabbed him a few times, the wounds on his back were from a broken vase that he fell on. i'd believe that too, there'd be a lot of pressure to put him behind bars for the church burnings.

yeah, he recorded stuff in gaol. that's the stuff where he uses only a synth, because the prison authorities wouldn't let him have a guitar.

Oh, because that makes it so much better
i stared at that album cover so hard my eyeballs are gonna pop out. where's the crack in the head and did his WHOLE brain spill out?? and his brain was like beside his face in one whole piece still red and bloody
Quote by Delanoir
Oh, because that makes it so much better

euronymous was planning to torture and murder varg, and videotape the whole thing. i would have done it too.

also, euronymous said he TRIED to eat deads brain, but it had gone solid, and he couldn't get any peices. he made a necklace for himself, and a few others for select other black metal band members.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by Avedas
I got into a debate about how legit this picture is with a friend of mine. The Wikipedia article says that he slit his wrists before shooting himself. However, the blood on the blade has splatters of blood, most likely caused from the shotgun blast. While it's possible (squirting blood from arteries?), there's still the fact that the blade is on top of the shotgun. Questioning the quality of the photo is, however, a void point. This was like 1990~ with a disposable camera...

Whoa dude you must be like a CSI or something
Quote by pistols
euronymous was planning to torture and murder varg, and videotape the whole thing. i would have done it too.

also, euronymous said he TRIED to eat deads brain, but it had gone solid, and he couldn't get any peices. he made a necklace for himself, and a few others for select other black metal band members.

Actually with the skull fragments he sent it to metal record labels and people in the scene that he thought were worthy enough to have the fragments. Some of the people still have their pieces.
Quote by Serial 177
Whoa dude you must be like a CSI or something

But I don't watch TV
I have two versions of that album, and I think I will buy the LP soon, but it's for like 150$ I love all the secrets and stuff that where withing the black circle.
Last edited by Mind Kill at Mar 6, 2008,
black metal band with someone dead on the cover? Every second/third black metal release?
Quote by MHDrunk
black metal band with someone dead on the cover? Every second/third black metal release?

Oh wow, aren't you witty. Goddamn, thank christ I don't have to face you in a battle of wits, I might lose before it even starts

Just to clear up all ignorance in this thread:

Euronymous admited he moved the body for a more "dramatic" position.
Euronymous was a sick fucking person who HAD intended to torture another member of the band.
Dead was a really troubled dude (read the wiki article to learn more)
Both "Dauði Baldrs" and "Hliðskjálf" are Burzum albums recorded by Varg IN jail.
Quote by Magero
Oh wow, aren't you witty. Goddamn, thank christ I don't have to face you in a battle of wits, I might lose before it even starts

Euronymous was a sick fucking person who HAD intended to torture another member of the band.
Both "Dauði Baldrs" and "Hliðskjálf" are Burzum albums recorded by Varg IN jail.

Yes, listen to this man. He speaks the truth.
Quote by Magero

Didn't he have like a dead crow that he smelled on stage or something?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Didn't he have like a dead crow that he smelled on stage or something?

He buried his clothes before shows so he had the essence of death.

EDIT: You are also correct.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by poopsmith666

Another theory is that he stabbed him once in the head, and he had cut himself beforehand from running into a lamp on the stairs and rofling in the shards

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by sevenchurches
Another theory is that he stabbed him once in the head, and he had cut himself beforehand from running into a lamp on the stairs and rofling in the shards

Yeah, but I don't believe in the lamp galss thing... But I do trust Varg in that Euro was going to kill HIM first. Becouse... he was a weird guy. Listen to the interview on YouTube with Euronymous and you'll understand.
Quote by poopsmith666

Although, Varg Vikernes killed Euronymous, the guitarist, and Varg is now in jail.

And hes getting out next month.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by pistols

Dissection
Gorguroth? (dont acctually know how to spell it_
were 2 of the bands that got it that i know of, i cant remember them all but mayhem has by far one of the most interesting reads as far as band bios goes.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by (...)
And hes getting out next month.

Yeah, because that's a good thing
Page 1 of 2