Page 1 of 2
so i have come to the conclusion that buying packs of cigarettes is too expensive for my budget (good bye beloved camel lights) and i am going to start rolling my own.

after reading some reviews, i decided to go with this injector, the Excel

for tubes i am going with Zen Full Flavors after finding out that they burn nicely and dont alter the taste of the tobacco

even tho i was pretty tempted to pay $2 extra to get these bad boys.

now here comes the interesting part IMO. one of the other big draws to rolling your own, besides the savings, is the fact that you can make your own custom blends.

to start out with, i have decided to go with one package of Ramback.

The Ramback is described as "A blend of superior quality Turkish tobaccos, expertly selected from the finest regions, cured and blended by craftsmen to provide a sensory delight. Enjoy a fantastic combination of exotic natural flavors and a smooth tobacco taste."

and i am also going to go with one package of Two-Timer

The Two-Timer is described as "An American Blend of 100% air-cured Burley tobaccos, double toasted to reduce ammonias and vegetative components. This delicious blend is smooth and flavorful, with a nutty taste and natural sweetness."

So here is what i figure. To start out with i want to mix these two tobaccos, the lighter Ramback, and the heavier Two-Timer, in hopes of coming up with a pretty nice blend.

So my question for UG is, if anyone has any experience with rolling your own, what brands and varieties to you think are especially tasty, and if you have any of your own recipes for blending tobacco what are they?

EDIT: Everything on this page is going to cost me $40.00 plus $10.00 shipping.

i did the math and it will come out to me making $0.07 cigs, instead of the $0.25 cigs that come in packs. that means i will be making $1.40 packs.

also, i figure with the money i have saved, i can pay off the price of the injector after making 7-8 packs.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Mar 5, 2008,
i was thinking of doing the same thing. packs are expensive as hell. do you know if self rolled cigs are any less destructive to your body?
The only way I could see rolling your own cigarettes as being cool is if you did it all by hand... not with a lame injector.
The medium is the message!
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
You'll save even more money using Zig Zags and hand rolling.

+1
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by drakenshadow
where could one acquire said rolling instruments and tobacco blends.

you can get tobacco blends at any smoke shop, the rolling machine im not so sure of. theres online stores that sell loads of funny crap related to tobacco/weed, so they must have rolling machines to.
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r
i was thinking of doing the same thing. packs are expensive as hell. do you know if self rolled cigs are any less destructive to your body?

hahaha
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r

It can actually be more destructive if you aren't using a filter or if the tobacco has a higher level of tar. Of course, if you're smoking in the first place you probably aren't that concerned about your health.
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r

There's far fewer additives, that you can be sure of.
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r
you can get tobacco blends at any smoke shop, the rolling machine im not so sure of. theres online stores that sell loads of funny crap related to tobacco/weed, so they must have rolling machines to.

so, would a bag of tobacco and cig tubes run much more than a pack of cigs?
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by Incuboy49
It can actually be more destructive if you aren't using a filter or if the tobacco has a higher level of tar. Of course, if you're smoking in the first place you probably aren't that concerned about your health.

yea that explained what i was laughing about
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r

well there are none of the additives that tobacco manufactures add to cigarettes (its just cut and dried tobacco) but its still tobacco

Quote by The Rambler
The only way I could see rolling your own cigarettes as being cool is if you did it all by hand... not with a lame injector.

well alright, considering i am not doing this to be cool (or smoking to be cool for that matter) i think im in the clear with this one

Quote by drakenshadow
where could one acquire said rolling instruments and tobacco blends.

click on the links that i added onto the names of the products

Quote by drakenshadow

i did the math and i will be making $0.07 cigs, compared to $0.25 in packs. i figure i can pay off the cost of the injector with the money i will save in 7 packs.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
this is crazy...me and a friend of mine just attempted to roll our own cigs for the first time today...

it didn't go too well...we're both terrible at it. i'm gonna keep tryin though 'cause it's so much cheaper. i might just end up getting a machine like you're doing but i'm gonna try goin' manual for a little while longer
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
It's hella cheaper. If I was 18 that's what I would do. I've rolled a friends Gamblers before (he gave me like 1 1/2 packs for doing it!) and they're very cheap, although they aren't the best. The more expencive tobbacco's such as Two Timer will still save money. And for the guy that asked, I think they're just as bad for you, maybe a little healthier.
That's actually pretty cool, TS. Let us know how it goes.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Go for manual, my mate usually roles 'em for me, but I gave it a go the other day, and it went pretty well actually.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by drakenshadow

well a pack of 20 around where i am costs about $11.
and a blend of tobaccy with some tubes costs about $6 from my local shop, so in the long run you're saving a hell of a lot of money. its just learning the technique would take a little while im assuming. i can only guess when you're just starting off and you aren't using a machine you're gonna ruin a lot of tubes without even getting to smoke 1.
Quote by razorback_al_31
You should start growing your own Tobacco and making your own papers from tree's then it wouldn't cost you sh*t. you could start your own Cig company and sell hell cheap to all your friends.

Growing and harvesting tobacco isn't easy (maybe it's not so bad on a small scale, I don't know), and it's a killer on the soil. The school I go to used to be a tobacco farm, and grass barely grows here (except the super-irrigated and fertilized athletic fields).
The medium is the message!
Quote by Incuboy49

+42
I've never mixed or anything with hand rolled, but I like the American Spirit brand. They are very strong, but are organic and contain no additives.
Quote by The Rambler
Growing and harvesting tobacco isn't easy (maybe it's not so bad on a small scale, I don't know), and it's a killer on the soil. The school I go to used to be a tobacco farm, and grass barely grows here (except the super-irrigated and fertilized athletic fields).

I could grow a few plants indoors out of interest... I wonder if it would be legal?

I don't know **** about the plant itself, even though I'm a smoker...
Quote by Shpongled
I've never mixed or anything with hand rolled, but I like the American Spirit brand. They are very strong, but are organic and contain no additives.

+1, they are good.

Also, you should learn to hand roll. It's good for parties/weed and it makes you look skillful
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I could grow a few plants indoors out of interest... I wonder if it would be legal?
If you live in the US, I'm gonna say it's legal.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

edited the first post to put up the total cost, cost per cig, and how quickly i will start making money after buying an injector.

just in case anyone is interested...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
TS, how much do you smoke a day?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

by the way, make sure you keep your tobacco tightly sealed and maybe even leave something moist (i.e. a leaf, piece of lettuce, etc.) in it so that it doesn't dry up.
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
edited the first post to put up the total cost, cost per cig, and how quickly i will start making money after buying an injector.

just in case anyone is interested...

Making money? Just quit and you won't be wasting any money..

Rolling your own is a good idea though, you can use the money you've saved to pay for other important things smokers need like breath fresheners, dental work, kemotherapy, a fancy funeral.

You should probably donate some of the money you save to charity aswell, all the people whose health you damage with your cigarette smoke will appreciate it.
Quote by nosushi4you
TS, how much do you smoke a day?

it all depends. i usually smoke three-four packs a week. but if i am drinking i can easily go through a pack in a day.

i do have a feeling that i will probably start smoking more now that will be so cheap, and the fact that i will always be able to get some without bumming a ride to the gas station.

Quote by RageAgainst...
by the way, make sure you keep your tobacco tightly sealed and maybe even leave something moist (i.e. a leaf, piece of lettuce, etc.) in it so that it doesn't dry up.

yeah, one site i was reading from said to just get a simple rubbermaid tupperware (rubberaid cause i guess they dont really have any of that nasty plastic smell) and put in a piece of a new sponge that you have just wet, and rung out as much water as you can from it. they also said to lay the bags of tobacco on strips of cedar, but i dont think im going to get that carried away with it.

also, on a side note, i also want to experiment with mixing flavored tobaccos in with my cigs, and also making my own flavored tobaccos. i guess if you put a drop or two of vanillea extract, peppermint extract, or any other aromatic substance in with what you store your tobacco in, it will pick up the flavor. you dont have to even let it touch the tobacco to pick up the flavor which i think is pretty cool.

any other suggestions of something that might taste nice that i could make some flavored tobacco with?

EDIT:
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Rolling your own is a good idea though, you can use the money you've saved to pay for other important things smokers need like breath fresheners, dental work, kemotherapy, a fancy funeral.

You should probably donate some of the money you save to charity aswell, all the people whose health you damage with your cigarette smoke will appreciate it.

i meant it to mean the money i will be saving.

and thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

any other suggestions of something that might taste nice that i could make some flavored tobacco with?

I've heard of people mixing tobacco with just a tiny bit of maple syrup. Like 0,5cl/oz.
Don't know what that would be like.
Mint leaves?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by TheDev01dOne

**** off.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Seriously, would Syd like that attitude?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by TheDev01dOne

take it elsewhere.
*reported* TS asked about rolling his own cigs, not for people to tell him that he's a bad man and is going to die.
Quote by TheDev01dOne

STFU and GTFO.
I'm sure he's well aware of the health consequences of tobacco and doesn't really care. Nobody wants to hear you preach.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Unfiltered Top. Thats a real cigarette, but I keep my cigarettes in my pocket and not in a purse like all of you fags.

Seriously though, unfiltered roll your owns suck. Roll your owns with an injector aren't that good. You might as well quit. Especially if it's 11 bucks a pack. Thats insane.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Page 1 of 2