I made a post last night about what the main flaw in existentilism is. My teacher gave us the "answer"He said that God is the answer. That God just is and that we can not assign meaning to God. If humans never exsisted then God would still exsist. If you are an existentialist then you believe that we give meaning to everything. There is not right or wrong, no good or evil. Well we can not place a limit on God and we can not say that he has meaning becasue of us. He just is and therefore is is everything.

I really don't agree with my teacher.

What do you think?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

i think therefore i am
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
His is based on the postulate that God exists in the first place.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
tell him god isnt real. thats his flaw.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Wow.

Ask him to justify a belief in the existence of god. When he absolutely can't, as no one can. Kick him in the ****ing face for being such an idiot.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by iforgot539
His is based on the postulate that God exists in the first place.

My thoughts exactly.
he legally cant even say that at school...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
REPLYS don't work in the Pit, just to let ya know TS

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a little bitter.
Quote by meh!
Wow.

Ask him to justify a belief in the existence of god. When he absolutely can't, as no one can. Kick him in the ****ing face for being such an idiot.

dude respect others beliefs, approach the problem in a mature way.
to TS, its just a matter of personal opinion. He believes in God, so he believes the way he does. Respect it, but you can have your own.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
I thought existentialists denied the existance of God? At this point I do think humans give meaning to life. The way I see it is species live to reproduce and keep the species alive, but humans can decide meanings for their own lives and right for one man may be wrong to another.
Quote by cap'n curry
to TS, its just a matter of personal opinion. He believes in God, so he believes the way he does. Respect it, but you can have your own.

Agreed. 100%. Gah does noone have any tolerance anymore xD
I agree with that. And I guess I'm not an existentialist. We have our own interpretations or opinions on everything, but for it to exist we don't have to exist.
I don't view God in a Christian way. I see God in a profound way. He/she/it is always there, it connects every one of us to each other, to every thing. It flows everywhere, it just exists. It's the undertow, the truth, the force of life. And we can't really understand, or maybe we do understand but can't explain it.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by cap'n curry

He just told a class of people that they were wrong if they did not believe in god. Screw respecting his beliefs. Especially if he can't show respect for a class of peoples (Which he obviously cannot).

Though, politcally, it's probably best not to kick your teacher in the face
Quote by icon_player_5
he legally cant even say that at school...

I go to Catholic school.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

I personally think that humainty tries to give an explanation for everything by applying math to the situation. If you got realy technical you could say that we dont exist, that reality is just a facade, there is no truth - only how we percieve and act, etc. I think we just need ot accept the fact that not everything can be explained and we simply exist for a purpose unfathomable by the human mind. And I just realized that I just rambled on for an entire paragraph.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by Chaos Guitar
I go to Catholic school.

It's going to be difficult to have a candid discussion of an atheistic philosophy in a religious organization. I'd say let it slide.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
ooooooh catholic school.

dont discuss -isms with catholics. thats crazy, sir.
not to diss your school/religion.
Quote by meh!
He just told a class of people that they were wrong if they did not believe in god. Screw respecting his beliefs. Especially if he can't show respect for a class of peoples (Which he obviously cannot).

Though, politcally, it's probably best not to kick your teacher in the face

he just said now he goes to a catholic school, so the teacher has every right
but i see your point since you didn't know that before and if it was in a public school, youd probly be right
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
I won't say anything to him. He is intitled to his opinion.

Hellsing Organization

Quote by cap'n curry
he just said now he goes to a catholic school, so the teacher has every right
but i see your point since you didn't know that before and if it was in a public school, youd probly be right

I'll accept it, as it's a catholic school.

I will however lodge my feelings about parents who send their children to religous schools and religious schools themselves; I don't like them.
Quote by meh!
Wow.

+1

meh! wins again.

EDIT: Despite my realization that TS goes to a Catholic school (as I did at one point), I retain my opinion. That is, meh's opinion.
Last edited by mental_zer0 at Mar 5, 2008,
I think that is a fine way to view religon

I don't get why people get in such a fuss over wheter God is real or not. I could see questioning religion because of other reaons, such as war, those who force beliefs down other's throats, poltical use,etc. But when people argue religion shouldn't exsist just because God isn't real, I think that is just kinda dumb on there part. God doesn't have to be real for you to believe
Quote by Vinnie9
I think we just need ot accept the fact that not everything can be explained and we simply exist for a purpose unfathomable by the human mind.

Completely true. I doubt that we'll ever be smart enough to know.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
I believe in God and apparently you can prove he exsists by reading Thomas Aquanices'(spelling?) proofs that God exsists. One is that he is the Unmoved mover. I don't know that his proofs are true, but I do think there is a God.

Hellsing Organization