When buying a used amp. I found an amp i want thats used, a peavey classic 30 and was wondering what needs to be checked before buying it. obviously the sound and for 275 dollars is the price right? the handle needs a little repair on what the posting said so i emailed the guy to take a picture with a piece of paper saying "testforscam" and pictures of the handle. WHat else needs to be checked before buying the amp?

Thanks.
Age of tubes
General condition.
Other than that, looks like a GREAT deal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Also, can this amp do 80's hair metal tones or iron maiden tones with a good overdrive, like the fulltone ocd pushing it?
^With an OD, you'll be able to get those levels of gain. If the only thing that's wrong is a messed up handle, that's an excellent deal. The tubes may be older, but that's not worth making a big deal over. You can get new tubes and it will still be an excellent deal.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
how heavy can it get up the OD? name a band. thanks. im deciding whether the metal muff or fulltone ocd.
^I don't own the gear, so i can't go and try it right now and tell you, sorry.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by shtiming
how heavy can it get up the OD? name a band. thanks. im deciding whether the metal muff or fulltone ocd.

bump. anyone else know?
^The cost of the part + a bit of your time for putting it on? It can't be that much to get the piece or maybe even a whole new handle.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86