Has anyone tried this amplifier? Ive seen posts about the AT112 and 212 models but I havent really found anything about this particular model. Does it out perform any of the affordable combo tubes out now for metal and the like?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST6012-60W-Tube-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Vintage-30s?sku=481308

Ive stumbled upon some extra money and Im thinking about upgrading amps. Mainly looking for high gain sounds, my guitar is a schecter c-1 artist
I'm sure everyone else will agree with me here, I recommend a line 6 spider III
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
you'd have to get an OD and a Noise gate if you go for the B 52.

I'd recommend a Line 6 Spider VALVE.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Line 6 can suck my eggs.

I already have a Dell, why do I need another computer.

never tried the B-52
no to spider lll
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by evilbeaver22

I do hope to god that was sarcasm.
Quote by evilbeaver22

Quote by Khann
I do hope to god that was sarcasm.
/just a little...
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
I've tried the ST head and actually quite liked it. It had a surprising amount of gain with my experiences and wouldn't need an OD like stated before for metal, etc. I actually kinda prefered it to the AT-100 *shrug* looks cooler too
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com