I was wanting a Dan-electro type of guitar, but something a bit better quality. I stumbled upon the Schecter TSH. It looks almost identical to the Dano re-issues, but a few differences.

First off, it has two Humbucker Lipstick pick-ups.

Yes, lipstick humbuckers!!!

They are made by Seymour Duncan apparently. The pickguard, pots/knobs, and body are all the same as dano except for the lipsticks. It also has a neat Varitone or Blender switch or something. Pretty Cool!!!

I have a few questions though.

Humbuckers obviously sound quite a bit bassier. Would this be with the lipstick buckers too, or no?

Also, I noticed the lower bout is quite ovular (oval-shaped). Would this take some getting used to if your a rythm player?

Could you also put a trem arm on it?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
I made this thread back on the 5th. It's now the 20th, it'd be nice if someone posted a reply....

We love you. God Bless.
I'm not familiar with that guitar, as I can't find it on the Schecter site.

I can answer your last question though.

If you want a trem on a guitar that doesn't have one, there are basically three ways to go:

-if it has a tune-o-matic style bridge, there are devices like the Stetsbar which are easily installed.

-the slightly harder way is to front route the body and install a Kahler

-the hardest way is to completely route the body and install a regular trem.

Keep in mind though, routing isn't easy or cheap and if the body is too thin for a trem to fit, you're going to have to go for option 1 or 2.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
It isn't on Scheter's site, I've only seen it on Musician'sFriend and GuitarCenter's. I would paste a link, but my computer's crap. It's a 98 with Pentium 2. It's like 10 yrs. old......

oh how I want a laptop......

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
It isn't on Scheter's site, I've only seen it on Musician'sFriend and GuitarCenter's. I would paste a link, but my computer's crap. It's a 98 with Pentium 2. It's like 10 yrs. old......

oh how I want a laptop......

This one?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-TSH-1-Electric-Guitar-513125-i1148010.gc

Installing a trem on that would be quite a hard job.
oooohhhhh YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

well it wouldn't be that hard. I heard somewhere that Bigsby are surface-mount. That true?

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
oooohhhhh YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

well it wouldn't be that hard. I heard somewhere that Bigsby are surface-mount. That true?

They are, but:

-they're only intended for very moderate whammying or light vibrato

-just because it's surface mount, doesn't automatically mean it'll fit...
I only intend to use it slighlty anyway, just to bend chords a few times, nothing drastic like whammying metal songs or nothing.

We love you. God Bless.
Your best bet may be the Stetsbar.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."