I have a strat with pickups that are like this: || | | (2 are togheter and the other two are apart)

and ive seen other strats with pickups like this / | | (one in angle and 2 straight)

which is better?
Electric Guitar: Squier Strat Affinity Series Metallic Blue

Amplifier: Fender Frontman 15G

Effects: Zoom GX1

Acoustic Guitar: Palmer PC-11
well the first one should buzz less

the second has a more"fender" sound

i think the first is better

BOOM!!
Well, 1st one is a HSS (Humbucker Single-coil Single-coil) and the 2nd one is a SSS (should get that)

I personally prefer the first one, more versatile...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
when you pickups are like ll there called humbuckers and when there like this l they are a single coil the first guitar is to better for shredding and the second for blues and jazz
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
The first one you described is what's known as a "Fat Strat." It has a humbucker in the bridge position which is usually used for lead guitar playing. It also has less 'hum' from other electrical interference than the two single pickups. The second set you described is what is standard in most strats. The one pickup is angled to better catch the vibrations from the strings. As for differences, the fat strat has a little more versatility with its humbucking pickup, but the other has the 'traditional' fender sound with only single pickups. The important thing is to pick a guitar that will match the music you want to play.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
welll the first one is a humbucker and then 2 single coils.2nd is just 3 single coils.id prefer the first since you'll get much better drive on it
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
so i shouldnt feel any bad about my desition, i got the fat strat with the humbucker and 2 single coils
Electric Guitar: Squier Strat Affinity Series Metallic Blue

Amplifier: Fender Frontman 15G

Effects: Zoom GX1

Acoustic Guitar: Palmer PC-11
Quote by daniale93
so i shouldnt feel any bad about my desition, i got the fat strat with the humbucker and 2 single coils

good choice
and if you really like the l sound instead of ll you could split the ll so it works like a single coil
you only need to install a push/pull pot in order to do that
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400