if i went from a Epip Special II, and a Fender 15R amp to this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-103814281-i1167493.gc
and this amp http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50w-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102806882-i1145847.gc
i play mostly metal, would i hear a difference? I'm sure it will, because i can't even get a metal palm mute out of this setup, to the highest gain to tweaking the amp settings hundreds of times. Thanks for the help, hope you guys have a good day
LOL
Yes, most definitely.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Remember: your amp is probably 80% of your tone, so take that into account.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
a roland cube? go with the vox and yeah it'll change your sound
Quote by LP51122
a roland cube? go with the vox and yeah it'll change your sound

Why? The cube is much better suited for high gain styles.
Yes it will help with sound, that is of course unless you get something worse than what you already have.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Malarkatron
Yes it will help with sound, that is of course unless you get something worse than what you already have.

can i honestly go even cheaper then a Fender 15R? and a Special II(it even sounds cheap, food order menu "give me a Special, no II"
LOL
i think every once and a while you need new gear sometimes from hearing the same tone every day it gets stale and you need to experiment with different eq's and distortions
new gear always helps
it breaks the monotiny