RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Yes, I can shred on a Les Paul.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
one word. buckethead.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Zakk Wlyde...
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by metalhead_99801
one word. buckethead.

Eight words: Uses a custom guitar with a thin neck.

Search, this is asked at least once a week.
Dickless.
Quote by thefrigginbob
You can "shred" on anything.... Depending on what your definition of "shred" is.

+
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
my def of shreding is like slayer and into eternity can you sweep pick and tap on a les paul
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
slash........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ . . . . . ?
Quote by punkrocklove999
slash........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ . . . . . ?

Shred?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by richrawr
Zakk Wlyde...

Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by vamprocker
my def of shreding is like slayer and into eternity can you sweep pick and tap on a les paul

Yes, you can tap on any guitar, LP included, and sweep
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
Quote by vamprocker

You can sweep and tap on anything, even acoustic if it makes you happy.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I've seen someone on this forum play a Necrophagist song on an acoustic.

Honestly, need I say more?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
well i play nile slayer deicide vital remains and cradle of fitlh you think i could play this on a less paul solos and all
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
C'mon guys, think before you make threads.

But to answer your question;

John Sykes
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
S. Gates used one recording WtF..
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by diditfortehlulz
C'mon guys, think before you make threads.

But to answer your question;

John Sykes

Finally a guy that knows what he's talking about.Definitely john sykes.This guy has the complete package-tone vibrato,and speed to boot.ALL done on a lepaul straight through a marshall amp/
Quote by vamprocker
well i play nile slayer deicide vital remains and cradle of fitlh you think i could play this on a less paul solos and all

Yeah, assuming you can play that good in the first place. You can definitely get those kinds of sounds out of an LP with some good distortion.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
you can shred on a log w/ strings if your good enough it depends on skill not the instrument
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by vamprocker

If you can actually play those I am sure you would know the answer to your own question.
Quote by punkrocklove999

Of course. There are many people that can "play fast" on a Les Paul. Zack Wylde is a good example, as everyone has said before.
Quote by vamprocker

No you don't, or you'd know that Slayer and Cradle of Filth are nowhere near the complexity of Nile and Deicide.
Dickless.