so i blocked my trem when im retuning.And then when i finish tuning and unblock it goes down into the body a bit so my strings go completley out of tune any way of tuning it so after i unblock it it wont be out of tune so much?
It will be very out of tune. Tune it unblocked unless you plan on blocking while you play.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal

I'm sorry, man.

But yeah, don't block it to tune it.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
when i tune floyd i tune low E then high E then A then B thn G , then repeat its like a pattern to balance the bridge i do this abot 3-4 times then fine adjust with the knobs on the bridge
Quote by devilmaycrykid
so i blocked my trem when im retuning.And then when i finish tuning and unblock it goes down into the body a bit so my strings go completley out of tune any way of tuning it so after i unblock it it wont be out of tune so much?

if the bridge goes into the body, then there is too much pull from the springs in the trem cavity, and that should be adjusted.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by trevorjps
when i tune floyd i tune low E then high E then A then B thn G , then repeat its like a pattern to balance the bridge i do this abot 3-4 times then fine adjust with the knobs on the bridge

I heard that you're supposed to tune EA EAD EADG EADGB EADGBe, that way everything is balanced, but i guess that works too
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by trevorjps

When do you do the D?

But ya...like everyone said, don't block it.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
What I do is E, EA, E, EA, E, EA, EAD, E, EA, E, EAD, A, E, D, EADG, A, E, D, EADGB, D, G, A, B, E, B, e, EADGBe. It works great, but takes a long time to memorize this whole bullspit that my tech taught me. Oh, maybe it's the trem, what do you have?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by devilmaycrykid
I have an Original Floyd Rose FTW

Sweetness, the method E, EA, EAD, EADG, EADGB, EADGBe will work great on these nice trems. Scratch my stupid method, my hometown tech showed me that for my old EDGE III junk.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL