ive heard lots of talk about modded ds-1 pedals there was one in guitar worldd in some obscure column near the end of the mag one month
i recently saw a ds-1 with the seeing eye mod at guitar center and wondered what it does
anybody know?
just curious
I've played one, wasn't my cup of tea... Its just a really good ds-1 but it has the same tone of the ds-1 which i never really liked in the first place... So you love the ds-1 you will love the mod... As i see it the mod is what the ds-1 should have been so look at it as your paying extra money for something Boss should have put out in the first place for the suggested of a stock ds-1....
The Seeing eye is a mod. Keeley dropped in a different diode somewhere in the circuit. This diode is the 'Seeing Eye' which kind of acts as a level monitor. When you play, the diode flashes. When you hit hard, the thing flashes brighter and so on and so forth. It also affects the gain. The pedal sounds nothing like the stock DS-1. It sounds pretty killer though, almost like amp drive.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Here's another tid bit... If your looking for Nirvana type tone one was used in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and a few others.. If you hate Nirvana's tone then you might not like it...
ahhh ok i see
im more of a metal guy so ill stay away
i was just curious
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Here's another tid bit... If your looking for Nirvana type tone one was used in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and a few others.. If you hate Nirvana's tone then you might not like it...

Uh actually, it gets pretty heavy and sounds nothing like Nirvana. It's a louder, smoother, clearer and gainier DS-1. The thing isn't as trebley either.

You could do metal with it, but it's suited better for other things.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.