I live in Canada and I have no idea where I can purchase a Heavy Bag. Any boxers on in the pit who know where I can buy one?
do you have any stores that sell sports equipment near you? if so, they most likely should sell them.
Sportcheck, Sportmart, Play It Again Sports. pretty much any sporting goods store. hell ever walmart has them.
Alright thanks, I did not know walmart would carry them... any recommendations to what brand? As of now i'm just assuming Everlast
i got mine online. Since i use mine for kicks (TKD) i need it heavier since anything lighter i kick it. Walk up, to keep it from swinging. Repeat.

But then again you pay shipping out your ass.
Even with punching, a normal guy is gonna hit a 70 lb punching bag and have to stop it, punch, stopit, punch,stop it, get sick of it and never look at it again, so don't just go to Wal-mart or somewhere similar and settle because it's all they have.
Well if I should not go to walmart, than where do you suggested departed?
I dunno I got mine at Wal-Mart LMAO!!!! I regret it though...I live in Newfoundland, so I found it rather difficult to find a heavy punching bag.
Quote by PaDoc
Alright thanks, I did not know walmart would carry them... any recommendations to what brand? As of now i'm just assuming Everlast

nah, theyre nothing good. its just the cheapo stuff that flies around like a plastic bag in the wind if you hit it hard.

i got an ATF bag at Sportchek though (which is also canadian made i believe, if you're feeling as patriotic as i was that day) that weighs about 120 lbs. its pretty good. its made of a real tough canvas to. cost about $150-200
Quote by PaDoc
What did you hang yours from?

my basement isnt finished, so i strung it up from one of the metal beams. holds it real well.
Quote by PaDoc
would 100 pounds be too light?

if you weigh more than 180 lbs. then probably yes. anything more than that and you'll want 120-150 lbs.
Check Canadian Tire.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by PaDoc
What did you hang yours from?

My old one i hung from the ceiling.

I actually got a standing one. Fill the base with water/ sand and your good to go.
Well i purchased the bag finally, and now I just need to hang it. What is the device called that is drilled into the ceiling? Could I buy one from home depot?
And for the boxers, what did you buy to hang it, and how much did it cost?