Well I think its time I upgrade the tubes in my amp. It takes two 12AU7s and one 12AX7. Ive heard bad reviews of Groove Tubes, but they are the only 12AU7 tubes I can find at Musiciansfriend. Does it have to be a 12AU7 tube, or can it be something different? If not, where can I get them?
Check the ultimate tube thread, they have a list of store that sell tubes. Avoid Groove Tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
What amp?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Its a Crate GT-80 dsp. Where I live I have to order online, so I would like to order from Musicians friend. This being I plan on getting numerous items for free shipping.
Do you think the tubes are failing? Because otherwise, I don't know how much of an upgrade it will be to swap them out with a quality tube, much less a Groove Tube from Musician's Friend.

I'm not sure what the amp uses the 12AU7's for, so it's impossible for me to tell you if you could use something else.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I bought this amp used about 5 months ago. The guy I bought it off of never swapped the burnt tubes out. It says a 12AU7 is used in the effects loop, and another 12AU7 and 12AX7 in the preamp.
Well if they're burnt out, by all means swap them out. I'd definitely stick with 12AU7's where called for. If you visit The Tube Store, they have a mixed bin of US made 12AU7's for $10 a piece. Probably a good option for you. The 12AX7 is probably some sort of preamp tube. I'd get a Tung-sol for that slot, as it's the one that's most likely to effect the tone of your amp.

Spend the extra couple dollars, and avoid GT's from MF. You'll be better off.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Alright, thanks. And the for $10 a tube, its actually cheaper than what I was going to spend.