xxx

Hey guys,
Im thinking of upgrading my Bass Amp to a a powerful Combo Amp that can play small gigs well. While researching, i came across the CRATE BT220 Amp. The amp is amazing priced with amazing power, and supposedly amazing tone. Is this amp any good? Is it just loud, or does it have a good sound to it as well?
Thanks
I'd steer away from Crate and Behringer. While the Crate is obviously the more solid of the two, I sometimes find them.. erm.. "tonally lacking." You might want to look into other brands, namely Carvin, GK, Ampeg, Ashdown, and Peavey. Peaveys are built like tanks and are reliable as hell, if you ask me.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
If you have the opportunity to try it, go for it. It's funny, because I love my Crate BT12 (1st amp; it can get a convincing metal tone, actually) but I can't stand the BT220. A friend owns one, and it's just not a quality piece of equipment in any sense of the word.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Hey i have a question. Ive been playing guitar for a while, and bass for a little less and ive been using my guitar amp/ friends bass amp (i know) for a while now, so im an amp noob.
Is there a way i could just get a cabinet and play through that? or do cabinets always need amp heads to compliment them?
Quote by cbvikings984
Hey i have a question. Ive been playing guitar for a while, and bass for a little less and ive been using my guitar amp/ friends bass amp (i know) for a while now, so im an amp noob.
Is there a way i could just get a cabinet and play through that? or do cabinets always need amp heads to compliment them?

With a cabinet, you need a head. The head is what actually does the amplification of the sound your bass is making, the cab is just what it's played through.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist