So i just replaced my strings and yet they are still detuning (wore them in and everything)

also if i noticed if i press down harder on the strings the pitch shifts. Which is not good.
The part of the guitar that holds the strings (i think its called the bridge) is raising up off the guitar when i tighten the strings. Is this normal? What do i screw in or do to fix this?? Please help
are they the same size strings you had on before? and you probably didnt ware them in completely yet.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Its just a basic fender strat. Im worried though. Is the bridge supposed to raise up off the guitar?
if the bridge is way off the body, unscrew the plate on the back of the guitar and try adding another spring to the tremolo block - the guitar should have come with an extra spring

also, make sure you stretch the strings a bit when you put them on

what gauge strings are you using? if it is a drastically different gauge compared to your previous strings, that could cause the problem
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
its the same gauge. i dont have an extra spring either i bought this thing like 4 or 5 years ago. Ive been trying to tighten all the screws but it isnt helping. My guess is the strings are pulling on the bridge thing if when they have alot of tension. as i tune them tighter the bridge raises up even further. Is this normal?
not normal - have you ever changed the strings???
How many springs are installed in the back? if you only have 2 maybe you need to buy another and install it. Either that, or i would just bring it into a shop for repair
I have 3. How tight should they be? I cant seem to screw the screws that hold them in any tighter (the screws that go into the body that hold in the metal peice that has the clamps where the screws hook on to)
take in into a repair shop

i had a similar problem, and i fixed it by adding a spring - don't attempt a home repair since you can't figure out what's causing the problem
Ok i switched screwdrivers and now i can tighted then screws that hold the piece with the strings on it.. my question is how tight should they be? SHould the bridge not raise up at all? Thanks
Holy crap. Tightening the strings and tightening those little robot teeth on the bridge did WONDERS. sounds ****ing awesome now.

Is there any way to do this to an acoustic guitar?